The FPS is high but the display is veryyyyy not fluent.

only way i can stop this is by using v-sync, i get 130-200+ fps and without using v-sync my screen is VERY choppy, even with the v-sync i still get a random micro stutter problem. Its a good job Rfactor 2 feels/drives as well as it does...

which drivers are you using for your nvidia card? ive been fighting with micro stutters all year, it seems random for me, sometimes i can fire the game up and it runs like silk other times i get constant micro pauses. i7/gtx780 combo. Ive tried all the plr tweaks i could find

My CPU is i5 4570 and my GPU is AMD HD 7850. How could this happen? I got 100+ FPS and the video is still torturing me... what can i do

Do you have reflections turned on? If so, turning them off makes a big difference.

I have a 7850 with a 3570: max settings until Shadows (medium), with blur, particles and the two reflection settings set to off.

I've also got video v-sync on.

It's very smooth now with just full grids at the start causing stutters and frame drops. That's soon sorted once the cars spread out.

EDIT: and I think running from SSD causes stutters as well.

yeah i suspected my ssd was the problem but after 3 reformats, one back to standard hdd, ive discovered the ssd isnt the issue, I guess its just an incompatibility that exists with my hardware and rfactor2 as EVERY other game is A OK. I can run with everything on low or everything on max and still the random stutters occur. ive tried various drivers/PLR tweaks/dll files, you name it ive tried it, and just when i think ive solved the issue i get a launch of the game that has the stutters. I can then shut down the game and reload and the stutters could have gone or could be still there, its that random...VERY annoying

edit: case in point, i rebuilt my machine last night and placed into another case, clean install of win 8.1 x64 nothing installed but rfactor 2, my gfx and t500 drivers, 3 launches have been smooth and 2 have had the stutters, nothing changes from the smooth launches to the stuttery ones, ive kinda given up trying to work it out now as i honestly dont see that its something i can fix,

Last edited:
yeah i suspected my ssd was the problem but after 3 reformats, one back to standard hdd, ive discovered the ssd isnt the issue, I guess its just an incompatibility that exists with my hardware and rfactor2 as EVERY other game is A OK. I can run with everything on low or everything on max and still the random stutters occur. ive tried various drivers/PLR tweaks/dll files, you name it ive tried it, and just when i think ive solved the issue i get a launch of the game that has the stutters. I can then shut down the game and reload and the stutters could have gone or could be still there, its that random...VERY annoying

edit: case in point, i rebuilt my machine last night and placed into another case, clean install of win 8.1 x64 nothing installed but rfactor 2, my gfx and t500 drivers, 3 launches have been smooth and 2 have had the stutters, nothing changes from the smooth launches to the stuttery ones, ive kinda given up trying to work it out now as i honestly dont see that its something i can fix,

Maybe u should give up rFactor 2 and give a chance to Assetto Corsa. My PC runs all High Config at 60FPS all the time...

Maybe u should give up rFactor 2 and give a chance to Assetto Corsa. My PC runs all High Config at 60FPS all the time...
I find the FFB/physics are the best out there in rfactor 2, if it wasnt so good id of given up on it months ago, i own all the sims out at the moment and nothing comes close to the feel of rf2 for me... I gave AC another go the other day when i saw the post about it getting multiplayer but it just doesnt have the connection to the road/car that i get from rf2.

GRAB_001.JPG

turned up the Vsync Video and nothing better

I find the FFB/physics are the best out there in rfactor 2, if it wasnt so good id of given up on it months ago, i own all the sims out at the moment and nothing comes close to the feel of rf2 for me... I gave AC another go the other day when i saw the post about it getting multiplayer but it just doesnt have the connection to the road/car that i get from rf2.
AC has a REALLY bad suspension which shakes three times after you get off the kerb...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%