The FPS is high but the display is veryyyyy not fluent.

14.4 have been excellent for my 7850.

However, I think you have cpu issues as you mentioned the purple line peaking.

I don't think I've ever seen that peak on mine - it's always been the green line that has been high when I had stutters.

Ive found a HUGE increase in rf2 performance after disabling hyper threading in my bios, tracks are loading faster, tracks that previously had laggy sections are now smooth and the micro pausing/stuttering has almost been fixed...almost, the only downside to this is a lot of my other programs/games seem to have taken a hit.
The things we do to make rfactor 2 run better :cautious:

yeah i saw a very big hit in smooth video project, i had to reduce some of the options as it kept giving me high cpu warnings. pretty sure i noticed reduced performance in both R3E and AC aswell though, always had very fluid gameplay in both those games and after turning off hyperthreading it just didnt seem as fluid.

edit: after doing a bit of digging on the interweb the consensus is badly optimised older games dont like HT'ing but modern well optimised games such as crysis 3 love it...not sure which category either R3E or AC fall into...rf2 definitely sits in the first category.

edit: also maybe windows 8.1 x64 utilises HT'ing which might also contribute to a reduction in overall performance that i noticed in other software?

Last edited:
yeah i saw a very big hit in smooth video project, i had to reduce some of the options as it kept giving me high cpu warnings. pretty sure i noticed reduced performance in both R3E and AC aswell though, always had very fluid gameplay in both those games and after turning off hyperthreading it just didnt seem as fluid.

edit: after doing a bit of digging on the interweb the consensus is badly optimised older games dont like HT'ing but modern well optimised games such as crysis 3 love it...not sure which category either R3E or AC fall into...rf2 definitely sits in the first category.

edit: also maybe windows 8.1 x64 utilises HT'ing which might also contribute to a reduction in overall performance that i noticed in other software?

You can probably count on one hand with 3 fingers missing how many games benefit from hyperthreading, and even then you're talking a 1% gain at best.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back