...the flesh is weak (RSS GT and GTN)

Yes, late to the party (etc)...

After a considerable hiatus from sim-racing (almost seven years, I think?), I've recently felt interest again, have tried most of the new(est) sims and, contrary to my predictions (personal reasons before have made me boycot it), it's AC in the end that, so far, feels overall closer to my preferences.

Ultimately, what seems to be cementing it is the content provided by 3rd parties (modders).
And, must say, there's some special stuff out there that makes me weak in the knees... I couldn't resist it:

c8VSpS0l.jpg

676zm9bl.jpg

QT2ghRql.jpg

gRb9pEdl.jpg

gZv07Ygl.jpg

4N3xiXSl.jpg

Xop4NbEl.jpg

TS5oRHHl.jpg

Thank you RaceSim Studio for the nostalgic trip.
The RSS GT and RSS GTN packs have been, so far (and IMO), the best vehicle content I came across for AC.

There's a very strong reminiscience of SimBin's original GTR experience from back in the day (it later became a bit too easy in GTR2, almost nerfed), and sometimes I'm even getting those feelings from good old GPL 67s cars, in the way that you must be very aware and focused, at all times.

There's just something about these GTs from the early 2000s.
These are harder to drive (especially at low speeds) and far more challenging, but also delivering a more rewarding experience (IMO) if comparing to the more modern GT2/GT3/GTE racecars, which everybody seems to be on these days.

Very, very immersive.
Along with good physics, these have beautifull models and textures (the cockpits are awesome!), as well as very well done sounds, something to which I'm particularly sensitive. All around top-notch.
Anyway, I'm sure a lot has been already said (or reviewed) out there about these two packs of content by RSS.

If any of you felt the nostalgia (as I did, imediately) but haven't decided on these yet, I'd say go for it.
Absolutely worth it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%