The F1 Ferrari's are so planted I have less respect for F1 drivers.....

apex11

@Simberia
I never really thought they would be hard to drive as the pinnacle of race engineering should not be hard to drive, but man they seem so so so easy to the point of a little bit boring to play in a computer game. I imagine the g forces etc help it be less boring, but man if AC i the pinnacle of sim racing then F1 cars are stupidly easy to drive stupidly fast.
The things you can make them do around Spa is madness, point and squirt everywhere, simple.

comparing computer games with real racing .. driving your everyday hatchback at 90 kmh could be fun .. try to drive FWD car at 90 kmh in sim ...

where did you get that AC is pinnacle of simracing ?

driving your everyday hatchback at 90 kmh could be fun...
This. Even driving my VW Caddy that had pants acceleration and a top speed of 95mph on the red line can be very exciting if you're really pushing it, because it's real. Do the same in a simulated version while sitting comfortably at your desk with just FFB acting on your hands, and it becomes extremely boring.

It's also worth pointing out the adrenaline and risk factor. Crash your car at 200mph in a sim and you just hit "back to pits" and try again. But if a real F1 driver hits the wall at that kind of speed... well, we've all seen what can happen. I'd like to see you try and drive as fast and hard as them in a real F1 car.

yeah LITERALLY anyone can do under 1:48 at spa, especially the 2015 cars are so freakin easy, F1 is just so fast and easy and the cars are so fast and easy and its so ****in easy and they go WAY too fast SO easy and f1 suck. and AC too,

• Deleted member 130869

If the modders say so then it must be true :rolleyes:

Regarding modders, I do believe in the proficient guys with data and presentable knowledge who have created quality content, not just anyone claiming things. I actually had to go on track and drive the cars (SF15T and F138, SLS and AMG GT3) with max wings, ruining my lazy Saturday :p. You can have a look at the numbers for yourself (the drag looks very high, apparently the CL is quite low).

2013 (1).jpg 2013 (2).jpg 2015.jpg AMG GT3.jpg SLS GT3.jpg

ps: 2 of the F138 because I wanted to get the numbers when the car was still gaining speed on high RPM. It sinks from 3.7 to 3.3 instantly after a little bit of stagnation.

Edit: So no response to any of this? Sad panda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sort of my point was i actually find them a bit boring compared to say the E30 for example. Modern F1 cars are a bit boring though, too much aero and tyres too grippy.
Even Alonso has said the current cars are quite dull.
The F1 car in PCars even though its fake is actually a real rush to drive....
Not as exciting to drive in AC as i'd hoped... maybe the reason some games make it extra slippy is to give gamers some excitement...?

Don't underestimate G Forces :p
If I remember correctly it was Nico Rosberg who told about his first ride in an F1 car that took place in Bacelona and and that he was not able to keep his head upright. Not in some turns (esp. T3) and by no means when fully braking (what he was not able to do because of that). He knew he could push more and the car would take it, but he was physically not able at that time.

And even after you built enough physical strenght I believe it's pretty hard to (consistently) drive on the edge of the cars ability.

And finally a quote from a famous guy (I forgot who and also the exact words):
If you feel comfortable (or that it's too easy) than you are simply not quick enough.

Compare yourself with the first guys on rsr or any other laptimes site. Then you will now that you are not fast. Then you will try to be faster. Then you will notice that they are not that grippy. Then you will see that it's not that boring and that you were driving like a grandma.

When Alonso and all of them say they are boring is because they cannot go fast in turns as they did with the old tires. And they got to safe tires and petrol all the race.

And specially in Alonso's case, they are boring because he was 2.5 secs off the pace. That got to be frustrating.

It's hard to know how fast you are in AC as the times are wrong, if i time a replay its faster lap time...AC is a mess. But anyway i'm fast in the F1 cars, anyone got any times i can compare to as you know with no leader boards (AC is a mess) its hard to know where i stand....

It's hard to know how fast you are in AC as the times are wrong, if i time a replay its faster lap time...AC is a mess. But anyway i'm fast in the F1 cars, anyone got any times i can compare to as you know with no leader boards (AC is a mess) its hard to know where i stand....
This post comes from the console game perspective? Because on PC the lap times are accurate. So if you are on console, you only experienced 100% track grip, whether on PC you can set a lower grip surface.
But can you beat the highest AI difficulty on Console with the SF15-T or F138?

You can find here laptimes http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank

Well setting track grip to 'ice' isn't what i'd call clever.
Anyway the point is it's easy to drive them and they are quite boring to drive, whether i'm going WR times or not it's still quite a dull experience from a gaming perspective.
By it's very nature for example WRC looks a lot more exciting than driving an F1 car around a bland Tilke track with bags of run off, so for example driving a rally game is more exciting.
It was an observation really about this sim race insistence that driving on ice is 'real' when it's the opposite and AC does a great job of saying "look this F1 car is sublime with its aero and slick tyres its like its on rails", instead of making it falsely hard to even get round a corner at 60mph..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%