The evolution of the Friday night races.

Friday night races were introduced December 20th, 2008 by Warren Dawes, and William Yunck. Since the first race, the format only recently changed, with the addition of weather forecasts for each race, thanks to Eric Kaczmarek of the RD staff (More on the weather further down)

From its inception the idea of these races was to combine the US and Oceania entries to create larger fields, at a time that was reasonable to both. In the beginning entries hovered around 10-14 but always had a wide variety of different people joining in from week to week. The only recent change of the forecasted weather has begun to entice players from afar. With the addition of that entries began to rise. With some promoting, and the creation of the "S2000 Friday Night Racers Group" the entries have now soared. We are maintaining 25+ entries each race now, with the highest entries being 33 for the race at Warrick Farms.

The forecasted weather is very unique and was a gift to use from the great Eric Kaczmarek. Each race has its own unique weather forecast, that gives you a slight incite into what to expect. The kicker to this is that the weather can change drastically mid race, around pit stop time. With this system in place it adds a new dimension to racing.....tire, pit, and setup strategy. This leaves the races down to not only skill, but proper decisions. You now become immersed in what racing is like in the real world.

The future of these events is limitless. With the higher entries and consistant large fields, im sure we can expect more from these events, if we keep at this level.

What a newcomer can expect from racing in these events, is fun, competitveness, clean racing, assistance, and an overall good time when it comes to sim racing. There are many guys still racing now whos first races were on a Friday night, have become addicted.

The most important thing to remember about sim racing is everyone wants to have fun while racing. With grids this size, no matter where you are on track, you will always find yourself in a race. The best way to get better and learn is to get experience racing with people. So if you are on the sidelines and undecided about racing, come join us on any given Friday. We always have a large group in teamspeak who will share any knowledge they can, including myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The format is simple for these races, but this format breeds excitement start to finish.

Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06 aka S2000 (Or any variation on them)

Track: Changes weekly
Weather: Forecasted Prerace

Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2 x (laps TBD based on track length, 15-20mins long average) - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.

Click here to visit the Friday night s2000 racers group

Attachments

• Friday night racing is only a post away.jpg
    Friday night racing is only a post away.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 360
  • There is action from the moment the lights go out on Fridays.jpg
    There is action from the moment the lights go out on Fridays.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Anywhere you look fridays, there is racing.jpg
    Anywhere you look fridays, there is racing.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 305
  • The lights go out and the race is on, will you be ready.JPG
    The lights go out and the race is on, will you be ready.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Racing across the nations, with drivers from all nations.jpg
    Racing across the nations, with drivers from all nations.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Where do you see yourself entering T1.jpg
    Where do you see yourself entering T1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Why sit on the sidelines when you can be a part of this every Friday night.jpg
    Why sit on the sidelines when you can be a part of this every Friday night.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 332
Just to keep the record correct, the STCC series was jointly started by the US and Australian groups, mainly by William Yunck and I.

Warren, my Apologies. I have edited it. And I shouldve known that, mind slip on my part.

@Bram - Thanks for pointing that out, I will do my very best to keep this at the quality of racing that RD represents.

@Maik - I am horrible with quality of screens, and videos. Ive made a few decent highlight videos but the sound on my fraps is mangled so it sounds like spaceships. I should leave it to the pros.

Keith

KEith you have been a driving force in this series since I joined the crew. YOU have been an invaluable help to me getting used to sim racing and the tuning of setups in the game.

Anyone else who joins the group can expect the same from Keith or most other participants.

Don't sit in the grandstand! get out here and race with us! unless your one of those sad souls who doesn't like comraderie & friendly competition!

a big thanks to you Keith for giving me a place to look forward to racing and my daughter can still go to college!

Warren and William! Thanks to the founding fathers!!!!!

Everytime i read some great reports after the race :good:. This is a perfect format for me but way to late. We have sometimes these kind of events Tuesday on a nice European time but not every week. Love to see that also coming back every week. Because i really like the format.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back