The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

• Deleted member 197115

AMS2 drives nothing like PC2 so no wonder PC2 players haven't jumped on board.
Stock to stock perhaps, but all these custom FFB profiles actually narrow the gap significantly. And again we have had good and bad cars in both, so depending of what you are driving experience can be vastly different.

No we're not neutral, we are pro sim racing, and the continous my games bigger than your game childish nonsense does nothing to promote it as a welcoming inclusive hobby.
I struggle to understand why in such a niche genre where "cooking simulator" has more players than our games we feel the need to denigrate sims or racing games we don't play and try and spoil the enjoyment of those who do play them.
It's crazy, isn't it? It's like you go in to a Restaurant, order the food that you absolutely don't like and then complain about how horrible it is.

You guys realize that you are getting angry at your own stats numbers and directing that anger at the messenger, going full ad hominem.
Nobody is disputing the numbers, and probably nobody cares as much about them as @Cote Dazur. Has AMS2 gained over the last year? Yes. Is it still the least played of the sims? Yes. It is what it is. Nobody's angry about the numbers.

The last few comments and exchange here made me realize that I was wasting my time trying to exchange about AMS2.
But after your last posting of the numbers you don't get to play victim here. You were no longer trying to merely exchange about AMS2 and have a goodhearted conversation, nor were you only posting the numbers in a factual way. That post was mean spirited, and you know it just as well as anybody else:

1629670493374.png

Source: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-elephant-in-the-room.186354/page-17#post-3421585

Last edited:
The Reiza forums is a place where anyone who has a thought about how the game could improve can interact with actual people who are involved in the process and on many occasions the changes can find themselves in the very next update. This upcoming update will be a prime example (re throttle mapping) What more could anyone want?
Unfortunately, there is rolling reoccurrance of commenters that aren’t interested in game development at all and are more interested in ramming their subjective opinion down everyone’s throats.
Whats worse is that there are some very patient, very smart people there that spend their time trying to pull anything of value from the criticism of the game in an attempt to identify and isolate a design parameters and they get accused of defending the game and get called fanboys. When the community pushes back, then we get accused of being an echo chamber.
Whats telling here is that anyone with a negative opinion here, even the likes of reshade and supemax get upvotes by the same people (cote and andrew) and all I can tell is this is to perpetuate negativity no matter what.

There is indeed something to a steam chart analysis, if you want to figure out what there is or is not going on in the sim that could cause the numbers. I posted a long post in the beta forum about how I believe a multi player rating system could lead to player engagement (and increase the steam numbers). Reiza is running MP beta tests twice a week now. Giving me hope of some goods things in the way.

On the other hand, this thread has the tone of confirmation bias weaved into it. “I dont like ams2 and see…the steam charts show other people don’t, so Im right and you’re wrong”.

I disagree with that narrative.
Sometimes I think there is a magically dark power that forces people to play a certain game or sim against their will. I mean, there just is no other way to explain it, right? For me, if I don't like a game or sim I just move on the the one I like and be done with it. I don't see anything positive about wasting my time with something I don't like.

I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

View attachment 384103

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?
I agree 100% with Mike from sim racing 604. Its a scenario sim and hotlapper. In a market that one sim or another dominates in every other single aspect.
The driving experience is compelling already. But rough around some edges. The depth of racing, tire dynamics, track conditions are where it shines.
Backed by a more flushed out MP experience, more SP choices. There is great potential. It may never do GT3’s like ACC, it may never have to consistent depth of content of AC. But you can drive a catheram in a misty dewy britsh morning at brands hatch.
IMO leagues are the litmus test. And leagues have never been stronger. Instead of following steam trends like you and other outsiders like to focus on, they are building players in fact and growing. From players that could be spending more time in the aforementioned examples instead. AMS2 is finding it place. Im hyper optimistic.

That's nonsense, sitting on the sideline making snide remarks is so easy. You get access to the vast bulk of this website, downloads for no cost, and then use the fact that someone helps support the site as an accusation of bias.
So would you like to produce some evidence of this or was it just an easy target.
Slightly tongue-in-cheek, but I have noticed (not just in this forum) that snide remarks from some users go unpunished if they are premium, whereas non premium members are more likely to be made an example of.

Can't be arsed to find examples, I'm too busy wanking over AC numbers. You know, that game that is so great, I don't play it as I find it dull, poor AI and inconsistent quality (especially from mods - not AC fault).

I better frequent the forums and churn out the same point time and time again.

Andrew, as previously mentioned, I don't rate AMS2 at the moment, so numbers don't surprise me, what annoys me is the likes of you almost getting off on what you see as a failing product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%