AC Modding Questions Thread

In CM here, hovering over 'Year' for a track gives 'Year of production start' which makes no sense at all :unsure:

I would have thought tracks would be 'Year this mod is depicting' - that makes more sense to me.

Is there anyway to edit the dash screen in the Z4 GT3? I changed the rev cap, and I've got the lights and bar all working, but I wanted to change the numbers on the rev counter to match the rev cap. Is there any way to do this?

Is there anyway to edit the dash screen in the Z4 GT3? I changed the rev cap, and I've got the lights and bar all working, but I wanted to change the numbers on the rev counter to match the rev cap. Is there any way to do this?
depends how the texture is made
you could find out editing just the dds for the dash background, changing/adding numbers
and matching the rotation if needed in the instrument ini file of the data

hi, I'm try to find a different sound for the 106 tuned and found that the Toyota Celica GT is not bad (at least it sounds different) but it has the exhaust pops and bangs which I don't like much (not quite sure yet if I like them or not) but the question is, can I remove some of the sounds by deleting in the guid.txt some lines?

hi, I'm try to find a different sound for the 106 tuned and found that the Toyota Celica GT is not bad (at least it sounds different) but it has the exhaust pops and bangs which I don't like much (not quite sure yet if I like them or not) but the question is, can I remove some of the sounds by deleting in the guid.txt some lines?

You could try deleting the backfire sounds. Just tested that on my Bugatti, it didn't crash the game (this time at least) and seemed to silence the backfires.

Don't forget to backup the file first and then delete the lines that look something like this:

{9bd672ed-d6cb-4527-a81f-3282f5ffdfe9} event:/cars/bugatti_type_32/backfire_ext
{85e2b983-fdbb-4045-b915-f38c55a80d05} event:/cars/bugatti_type_32/backfire_int
{9e2b6406-bcd0-4f61-92a5-b3e5d68d4b97} bus:/grp_backfire_ext
{477be05a-5cbd-468a-b1d8-637af58bba28} bus:/grp_backfire_int

Hey, I'm trying to learn to skin cars, and I'd like to know how to find or create templates? Specifically for Kunos cars like the Exos 125? I know it's probably super easy to find or it's been asked a million times, so I thought the dumb questions thread would be the place to put this haha

Greetings everyone!
Recently I started creating custom paints for cars in Assetto Corsa. My last idea was to try to recreate the F2004's paintjob on the Ferrari 488 GT3. I managed to do the painting on the main body, but I couldn't figure out how to paint on the rear wing. I'm 99% sure it's possible because there is a vanilla paint that has a logo on the wing, also I've seen skins on RD with something on the wing. What's a bit weird about this car is, that most GT3 cars have their wing in their main UV, but this one doesn't. The Ferrari has 2 extra files, one is named "EXTRA_Sponsors.dds", while the other is "EXT_Carbon_Extractor.dds". The vanilla livery has the stuff painted on the second one. I tried painting on both of those, but the results were pretty bad each time, it was either glitchy, or it made the whole wing white.
Any idea how can I fix this? I'll attach some pictures about the livery, it's a pretty simple one, I'm still in the process of learning how to paint. I can also recreate the issue if that's necessary.

Here's the livery:

you got it right. for the paint use EXT_Carbon_Extractor.dds in addition with EXTRA_Sponsors.dds if your want to apply decal logo in good quality but you can just use EXT_Carbon_Extractor.dds only and put everything there then leave extra_sponsors blank. but in order to make the rear wing doesn't look glitchy, you need to increase the size by 2k at least (2048x2048) if you apply a fully painted rear wing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer!
I tried using the EXT_Carbon_Extractor.dds that's included in the game files, but that's only 512x512, so that's not good. I tried ripping the AO map of the wing with Content Manager, but it ended up looking like this: (First image)
The second image shows what happened when I just applied the decal under the AO map. The whole wang became white. On the third image there's the result of adding a black background. It looks acceptable, but the "wingsponsor" text is still visible.
I tried using the EXTRA_Sponsors.dds that's included with the game, but that... Well... The fourth picture speaks for itself, I have no idea what is that.
I also tried using the included EXT_Carbon_Extractor.dds, but that resulted in nothing, the painting didnt apply to the wing.
I might miss out something obvious, I'm a pretty beginner photoshop user as well as a beginner painter.

try using the export one. not the calculate AO one.
resize the canvas first to 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 (ctrl+alt+I is the shortcut in Photoshop, idk if any other paint tool like Paint.net or GIMP or else). that's fine, because detail that you need is the logo & paint and not the UV. the first one is make the AO in multiply blend. then draw & put what's in your head & you have beneath it.

once done. don't forget put an alpha channel in Channel tab. put every layers aside the AO that have been sticked in white. rest is black. (alpha rules : black is transparent so it'll be covered as carbon in game, white is visible part so it'll be visible as paint & decal you wanted) save as DXT5.

i give you an example of how wing AO should be painted & the clean wing AO one here in attachment. hope you understand the process. here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5QPB9XbkhDfQrNt4XngubeqOHU5Z7as/view?usp=sharing

or if you still don't understand what do i mean above, i'll make a short tutorial document & a bit example for you

EDIT
here's the tutorial. if something bugs you don't hesitate to ask again
Damn, you really helped me a lot with that one! I managed to do it, and it works. Everything looks perfect. I can finally finish this paint! Thanks for your great tutorial!
__custom_showroom_1594737306.jpg

I have no idea why Kunos made it that complicated to paint the rear wing of this car, AFAIK every other GT3 car has the wing in their main UV.
Once again, thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

Time for a GrassFX question: Does it only work for models/materials in the main KN5? I have a material in another kn5 file which is listed in the config, but no grass is spawned on it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back