AC Modding Questions Thread

Click on this button in the Outliner and select Orphan Data, then select Materials and click Purge and then confirm it. Did a quick test and it seems to work.

orphan_data.png

is there a way to have a custom helmet dds texture
and a suit/gloves defined in the ini

At the moment, it works in the Showroom CM, but not ingame,the default white helmet shows.
If i remove the skin.ini or leave it blank, it shows the helmet properly, but then default the rest obviously

1590844823412.png

Hi. can someone help me ..?
I want to create damage mask for my mod, I do it with photoshop but I would need a step by step guide because I can't.
I put the three colors as the pipeline says, and I put the white on the alpha channel, but when I save I get results that are not like what I see in kunos cars. consequently the damage is not generated correctly. maybe I'm doing all right and I'm wrong the export or maybe I'm wrong with the type of alpha channel, not loso, I need help.

Hi. can someone help me ..?
I want to create damage mask for my mod, I do it with photoshop but I would need a step by step guide because I can't.
I put the three colors as the pipeline says, and I put the white on the alpha channel, but when I save I get results that are not like what I see in kunos cars. consequently the damage is not generated correctly. maybe I'm doing all right and I'm wrong the export or maybe I'm wrong with the type of alpha channel, not loso, I need help.
Hard to tell without seeing your damage map :)
You need to save as DXT5 to have an interpolated alpha (to keep the gradient ramp you made on the alpha channel)
then again, reminder that the damage is messy in AC

At the moment, it works in the Showroom CM, but not ingame,the default white helmet shows.
If i remove the skin.ini or leave it blank, it shows the helmet properly, but then default the rest obviously

Could you create a new folder in the driver helmet folder and then point to it in skin.ini?

[QUOTE = "Ben O'Bro, post: 3193252, membro: 245829"]
Difficile dirlo senza vedere la tua mappa dei danni :)
Devi salvare come DXT5 per avere un alfa interpolata (per mantenere la rampa di gradiente creata sul canale alfa)
poi di nuovo, ricorda che il danno è disordinato in CA.
[/ CITAZIONE]

grazie per la risposta .. Ho bisogno di maggiori dettagli su come esportare, perché non sono molto bravo con Photoshop ...
Ho RGB con i colori rosso, verde e blu, i canali rosso, verde e blu sono visti in bianco e nero e canale alfa nero con frontale bianco, ma come posso salvarli per ottenere il risultato giusto? ho salvato dxt5 ma vedo solo la parte anteriore

Attachments

• Screenshot (135).png
    Screenshot (135).png
    90.2 KB · Views: 68
[QUOTE = "Ben O'Bro, post: 3193252, membro: 245829"]
Difficile dirlo senza vedere la tua mappa dei danni :)
Devi salvare come DXT5 per avere un alfa interpolata (per mantenere la rampa di gradiente creata sul canale alfa)
poi di nuovo, ricorda che il danno è disordinato in CA.
[/ CITAZIONE]

grazie per la risposta .. Ho bisogno di maggiori dettagli su come esportare, perché non sono molto bravo con Photoshop ...
Ho RGB con i colori rosso, verde e blu, i canali rosso, verde e blu sono visti in bianco e nero e canale alfa nero con frontale bianco, ma come posso salvarli per ottenere il risultato giusto? ho salvato dxt5 ma vedo solo la parte anteriore

I get an image like the one on the left "body_damage_mask" and I don't think it's right ..
while the one on the right "damage_rgba_mask" is an example of what it looks like in kunos cars
o

Attachments

• Screenshot (136).png
    Screenshot (136).png
    42.6 KB · Views: 65
that looks like the alpha isn't saved properly

that's one example
1590862710125.png

how it looks in the explorer:
1590862741916.png

when saving : (if you have the nvidia DDS plugin )
1590862773611.png

if intel plugin:
1590862859860.png

(not 100% sure about the BC3)

you're in mask mode, showing the red in the document
hm, so i'm not sure what's selected or not
the little thumb on the right shows a good black & white alpha, so that looks ok

upload the dds and i'll tell you ^^

maybe I ask you too much and I would not want to disturb you ... so only if you can, can you upload a short video of the whole procedure up to alpha embedding and export, so I have a good understanding ... only if you can of course

View attachment 377680

I've found that if you use a skin.ini every texture needs to be specified by it. You can't mix skin.ini and in-folder textures, apparently.

maybe I ask you too much and I would not want to disturb you ... so only if you can, can you upload a short video of the whole procedure up to alpha embedding and export, so I have a good understanding ... only if you can of course
not mine
but any youtube tutorial will make it better
go to 8:00 minutes

[QUOTE = "Ben O'Bro, post: 3194811, membro: 245829"]
non mio
ma qualsiasi tutorial di YouTube lo renderà migliore
vai a 8:00 minuti
[MEDIA = youtube] wuouwReR_F8: 480 [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAZIONE]

grazie amico, sei stato molto gentile, ci proverò guardando questo video:)

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to modding, and I'm trying to do my first track. I've read a lot, and learned a lot by doing. I however am running into one slight problem. I've created borders between asphalt, sand and grass to be able to make a smooth transition from one to another. I saw that's how it's done on the Kunos tracks, so I figured that would work. I made the UV mapping similar as Kunos', and this is the result I keep getting. Instead of a smooth transition from asphalt to grass to sand I'm getting this weird mix. I've used Kunos textures just to test this stuff, I will soon make my own. Does anyone know what could be the problem here, or how I could make it so this transition will become smooth? You can see the shader settings I've used, their the same as Kunos'. Thanks a lot in advance!
101601121-261064324996002-1597451654829965312-n.png

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to modding, and I'm trying to do my first track. I've read a lot, and learned a lot by doing. I however am running into one slight problem. I've created borders between asphalt, sand and grass to be able to make a smooth transition from one to another. I saw that's how it's done on the Kunos tracks, so I figured that would work. I made the UV mapping similar as Kunos', and this is the result I keep getting. Instead of a smooth transition from asphalt to grass to sand I'm getting this weird mix. I've used Kunos textures just to test this stuff, I will soon make my own. Does anyone know what could be the problem here, or how I could make it so this transition will become smooth? You can see the shader settings I've used, their the same as Kunos'. Thanks a lot in advance!
101601121-261064324996002-1597451654829965312-n.png
Could be a number of things, from the wrong mask.dds, wrong detail textures in the wrong slots, even wrong UV-coordinates. Any chance on some screenshots of what you're mimicking, how your textures, UV and detail channels look like?

Multi user objects have always been hit and miss with blender fbx exporter. I often save, make single user, export, undo single user function.
Can confirm this, thanks. With everything being single user there are hardly any problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%