AC Modding Questions Thread

view.php

2yyr0on.jpg

Pretty sure it's a common problem, but what is the easiest or best way to correct the offset?

view.php

2yyr0on.jpg

Pretty sure it's a common problem, but what is the easiest or best way to correct the offset?
Car.ini right at the top has positioning of the visual model...

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.36,0.207
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=-0.0

..but wtf happened to it? :roflmao: Already send through the crusher?

Last edited:
Car.ini right at the top has positioning of the visual model...

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.36,0.207
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=-0.0

..but wtf happened to it? :roflmao: Already send through the crusher?
Yeah I've been trying to get it centered but seems I need to know the exact dimensions in game..it's really trial an error process editing the ini then reloading in game, I'd thought there is a dev app or something to give more precise aid..

As for the mesh itself...I'm not an expert, I just sculpt as a little hobby after all. It's a relatively fun process allowing me to scratch the creative itch, I do like designing my own cars look or how something could look, with more game time and watching replays I figure out what looks better then modify the mesh to fit and reexport, hence why I've not touched the other shaders and glass.

People who use blender to make tracks. Could you share your grass workflow? I know about most of the settings and how to do it but my problem is that my blender basically dies when I apply the grass particle systems because there are so many objects. Maybe there is a faster way to group the grass bits into kslayers? Here is how I am doing it now:
1. I have the grass splattered around using the particle system. I have couple of thousand grass meshes per corner.
2. Before exporting to sdk I apply the particle systems from the modifiers/convert and then make them single user (u). After this my blender is pretty much diashow because I have those thousands of separate grass objects. Are you people using some scripts or do you do this part some ways differently? It feels like very slow manual process to get from particle system to kslayered grass objects. Maybe it is just slow or maybe I'm missing out some steps to make it faster?

Does anyone know if this part of the sounds.ini does anything and if so how it works? I tried messing around with the values for a mod car but can't hear any backfire at all with any of the settings I have tried. The mod is using vanilla sounds from a Kunos car.
[BACKFIRE]
MAXGAS=0.0
MINRPM=6500
MAXRPM=12000
TRIGGERGAS=0.8
VOLUME_IN=1.0
VOLUME_OUT=0.5
VOLUME_SCALE_OUT=2

@Henky SA You use the Photoshop 3D painting thing to make your skins, right? Is it possible to paste graphics/logos/textures onto the model in that 3D interface?
yes it is.
put the graphic/logo/texture above the 3D layer and place it onto desired position, then choose "Merge Down" once ready. it will paste the texture(s) onto existing material.

but it won't support smart object layer (you need to rasterize it first). & if you want to make separated layer in 2D material for some purpose you need to make a blank layer first before merge. otherwise graphic/logo/texture you want to be pasted is merged in the same layer.

and another downside is if the 3D canvas is small, the merged texture will be pixelated.

yes it is.
put the graphic/logo/texture above the 3D layer and place it onto desired position, then choose "Merge Down" once ready. it will paste the texture(s) onto existing material.

but it won't support smart object layer (you need to rasterize it first). & if you want to make separated layer in 2D material for some purpose you need to make a blank layer first before merge. otherwise graphic/logo/texture you want to be pasted is merged in the same layer.

and another downside is if the 3D canvas is small, the merged texture will be pixelated.

What's the best way to get a logo aligned the same on both sides of the car?

What do you do for paintwork itself? I drew some shapes from the side view (vector shapes) then merged down to get them on the 3D model, but on more complex surfaces (like the F NA2018) the results are... poor. Is that really the best way to paint in 3D? I find it very underwhelming, to say the least. I can see where it has its uses, but I've gone back to 2D painting for the majority of what I do because I greatly prefer the workflow. I was expecting something much better tbh.

What's the best way to get a logo aligned the same on both sides of the car?

What do you do for paintwork itself? I drew some shapes from the side view (vector shapes) then merged down to get them on the 3D model, but on more complex surfaces (like the F NA2018) the results are... poor. Is that really the best way to paint in 3D? I find it very underwhelming, to say the least. I can see where it has its uses, but I've gone back to 2D painting for the majority of what I do because I greatly prefer the workflow. I was expecting something much better tbh.
it's hard to expect something better at PS 3D painting, for me.

well, mostly i use 3D just to preview how's my paint look. for paintwork i prefer do in 2D because in 3D, the quality of the shape/texture you want to merge down on the material is depend on how large the canvas is, which is very annoying.

sometimes i use 3D as "help" tool. if i want to place the texture/shape on complex surface, i draw the shape/place the texture first, then merge it down. once merged. i switch to 2D, redraw above the merged shape/take the same logo & replace the layer of merged logo at the same position as the merged layer. once done then i remove the previously merged layer.

if we do direct paint on 3D at lets say 1920x1080. the result is always poor at 2D that make you should rework the shape again. if you want a better quality texture after merged -from what i've experienced- you need to upscale the 3D canvas at least in 8K. which will eat your disk space more and hit the performance as well (my PS had been crashing very often because of this)

hi folks! i have a question..is there some pp filter that replicates the AC whitouot him? i mean i just want to activete the headlights of car, whitout altere any alse, because i really enjoy the Ac whitout filters ...but headlights really really make the cars looks awesome! thanks in advance!

hi folks! i have a question..is there some pp filter that replicates the AC whitouot him? i mean i just want to activete the headlights of car, whitout altere any alse, because i really enjoy the Ac whitout filters ...but headlights really really make the cars looks awesome! thanks in advance!
isn't the night shader (https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights) doing that ?
you can browse better on his discord channel to find earlier version
some version do more or less things etc. you could ask him otherwise
maybe early version will have less effects and still headlights ?

isn't the night shader (https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights) doing that ?
you can browse better on his discord channel to find earlier version
some version do more or less things etc. you could ask him otherwise
maybe early version will have less effects and still headlights ?
yeap, shaders patch activate the lights that illluminates the track..but the "headlights" of the cars ..still reamines whitout any lights..sure.I'm going to look! thanks for your response mate!

Is there an error in the anti roll bar setup explanations or is that really how you are supposed to do it? Haven't noticed that before.

Tt43U01.jpg
qxuClsm.jpg

Car is Cayman GT4 Clubsport if it makes any difference.

I always found it weird too, however how it is related with modding.

Essentially whichever end of car is softer that end is going to have more grip, because stiffer end is going to have higher load transfers, and softer end will have less load transfer not overloading tires on that end.

So basically according to those explanations you make more understeery setup for rougher track. But I don't think it is a case in AC as oversteer is rather easy to deal with.

FMOD:
Is it possible to create decent car engine sound with this with no knowledge or do you need to have a solid understanding beforehand of the software and sound engineering in general

Also. I see questions recently about 3D painting in PS. When I import an .obj it ends up with the texture for the body tiled onto the body and not just one. Any ideas on fixing that?

Does anyone know where the starting lights textures are stored?

I tried changing Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\texture_trafficlight_red.png but it didn't make any difference :(

Does anyone know where the starting lights textures are stored?

I tried changing Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\texture_trafficlight_red.png but it didn't make any difference :(
The LED-type overlays that count down the start? I tried changing them when I did my transparent/centred flags mod for VR earlier in the year. I wanted to have a proper line of traffic lights that lit up rather than the floating polka dot circles, and had the graphics all ready to go. Swapping out and repositioning the warning flags and 'wrong way' overlay is easy but I couldn't work out how to change the starting lights at all. I'll be very interested to know if you find a solution David.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back