AC Modding Questions Thread

What things could cause your mod car to not load in game and NOT give out errors in the logs? Making it frustratingly undetectable and diagnosis of such very difficult for a novice modder?

What things could cause your mod car to not load in game and NOT give out errors in the logs? Making it frustratingly undetectable and diagnosis of such very difficult for a novice modder?
plenty of things :)
sound naming
lods naming
plenty other naming in ini files
usually using content manager can help some issues as it provides feedback, but it's not always the case
loading in the showroom is a good start, but doesn't mean it will load in race

Ahh! That's a list!

The specific problem, in more detail, I'm having, if anyone somehow has time lying around to solve a cute mystery case... https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/basics-of-getting-your-mod-car-in-game.158568/

My car doesn't have suspension dummies, so that I think is all it needs to load in the showroom. It will load in one of the CM showrooms and the Ks Editor.
ah yeah you need basic dummies with correct hierarchy! Otherwise the game most likely won't load!
Showroom doesn't care much about dummies (not all at least)
you have an example car given by kunos, somewhere in the files, i'm at work, i don't have all that :)

I think my current hierarchy is 90% ok. boy am I going to be fuming if it was the 10% that caused it lol. computers. hahaha. Yes a great thing to know there's an example car right in the game files! There's a lot of dummies on the kunos formula k! Do I need all of them if anyone knows? Or just some?

I think my current hierarchy is 90% ok. boy am I going to be fuming if it was the 10% that caused it lol. computers. hahaha. Yes a great thing to know there's an example car right in the game files! There's a lot of dummies on the kunos formula k! Do I need all of them if anyone knows? Or just some?
you don't need them all
i put them all in all my caterhams XD
because... i didn't want to test which one was causing to crash or not :rolleyes:

kHy0jdx.jpg

As a final lesson learned from my questions a few pages back, if you have any modifiers attached to an object in Blender, regardless of whether it's visible in viewport or render, it will get exported with the setting you have to the FBX. Only after removing the modifier altogether did my model come out without any of the mod transformation (in my case subdivision).

Maybe helps the Blender users.

kHy0jdx.jpg

As a final lesson learned from my questions a few pages back, if you have any modifiers attached to an object in Blender, regardless of whether it's visible in viewport or render, it will get exported with the setting you have to the FBX. Only after removing the modifier altogether did my model come out without any of the mod transformation (in my case subdivision).

Maybe helps the Blender users.
or you uncheck the apply modifiers checkbox in the fbx export settings. But if you do that you'll also not have mirrored mesh displayed correctly and other features like Edge Split

fbx export (at least on my version of blender) uses the 'render' setting modifiers.
nb6349X.png

So if the camera is selected it shows on export (or for some like subsurface, they have specific viewport and render settings). You can even turn them off in display port (eye) and they're fine. I turn off mirroring so I can see the interior more easily.

Does anyone know what power, coast and preload settings I should use for a Detroit "No-Spin" rear ratcheting differential?
Ah apparently it acts like a spool so I might have it right, I'm not sure. I think I have 1.00 1.00 and 990000 or so for preload, can't remember exactly as I'm at work.

99 99 and minimal preload sounds about right to me, it's not super clear from their website how it works. It sounds like it unlocks when there's no torque being applied and iirc AC simulates a 100% 100% diff as purely spool, wheels can't turn at different speeds.

99 99 and minimal preload sounds about right to me, it's not super clear from their website how it works. It sounds like it unlocks when there's no torque being applied and iirc AC simulates a 100% 100% diff as purely spool, wheels can't turn at different speeds.
Thanks Stereo, I'm not really a modder so kind of clueless. Just a personal project. When you say low preload do you mean something like 1? Thanks very much for the help :)

for some reason there is a German wiki article about it describing a Eaton No-Spin differential as a diff for heavy machinery that locks 100% in a straight line but unlocks the outside wheel from power delivery in a corner... is that the same thing you ask for? No idea what car you are building :D

for some reason there is a German wiki article about it describing a Eaton No-Spin differential as a diff for heavy machinery that locks 100% in a straight line but unlocks the outside wheel from power delivery in a corner... is that the same thing you ask for? No idea what car you are building :D
I'm just tinkering with an existing mod. I really wanted a Group 2 muscle car to race with the GTA so I'm modifying the 302R Mustang to race privately with a buddy. I have a homologation paper for a 1969 302 and I saw this which suggests a Detroit Autolocker.
http://www.thecarsource.com/shelby/transam/group2.shtml

I will offer the finished thing up to Joshua (the creator) but I imagine he won't have a use for it and it will remain private. At the moment it has GTA tyres that have been modified a bit and the power and brakes have been tweaked so pace differences are similar to Mustang & GTA/Cortina battles in historic events. Power was from a random 302 Dyno result found on YT with torque boosted a little up top to give it about the right straight line advantage.

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds similar, when I googled Detroit Autolocker there was mention of lorries :O

Possibly using the shader lights patch light cfg thing? I don't know enough to know but I think the lights for the model are in the kn5 but maybe additional lights can be added using the above method. It would be great if so as you could add the lights and still race MP. You could try asking in the Discord for the lights patch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back