AC Modding Questions Thread

Did you write degree values for the TOE= sections in the suspension ini? You need to put meter values there (as if you measured the length change of the steer rod)
Only the length change? So if my steer rod is 1,5m long in one case and 2m in the other I have to put 0,5 in there?
And can you exclude camber and toe from the setup menu?

Last edited:
Ok I have a dumb question, but first a little background:
I am editing a track, for personal use, to fix shaders and swap a couple of textures for better looking ones. I'm not doing this to upload or share the track, and definitely will not share it unless I get the original author's permission first. I'm doing this purely for my own enjoyment, as this is my local track.

Now, I have absolutely no experience in modding, I'm a complete noob at this, but I thought I'd give it a go, "just" to tweak a few things to make this track nicer to look at. I used ks editor to swap the road and grass textures to something a little easier on the eyes, and messed about with the shaders for everything, because everything, including grass, was very shiny and reflective, and over exposed. I got to a stage where I was happy, and saved it as a kn5, with the same name as the original, so I could just swap the original kn5 out of the track folder for my edited one.
Here's where I encountered the problem: When I load the track, it fails to detect the markers for timing, starts, and pits. I didn't touch any of this stuff, they're all there in ks editor, and all have correct names (they all worked fine originally), so I'm at a loss. What have I done wrong? I have no idea if this is a common problem or not, as like I said, I'm a complete noob at this.

I can provide the log and screenshots of the items in ks editor if required.

So I've been working on the first LOD of my car, and I've got the poly count within the budget, reduced number of objects and have a few materials less, but the kn5 size is still 22MB. Do I also need to create the textures again but at a smaller size or am I doing something else wrong?

So I've been working on the first LOD of my car, and I've got the poly count within the budget, reduced number of objects and have a few materials less, but the kn5 size is still 22MB. Do I also need to create the textures again but at a smaller size or am I doing something else wrong?
Save without textures, should be an option in the kseditor. It will just use the LOD A textures automatically ingame.

Hi, I'm doing a fast_lane.ai for a mountain track (A to B) around 11km long. if there ir no .ai file I usually do it in the following way:

that method's end result is a pit_lane.ai.candidate file which I rename into fast_lane.ai. It works at least for doing cameras.
Specifically on this track I'm working on, the file is around 700kb and it makes the track loading time to go up to 90seconds, which is a lot I think.

So I gotta be doing something wrong definitely.

Anyone that could help me out I'll be very thankful.

Cheers

Hi, I'm doing a fast_lane.ai for a mountain track (A to B) around 11km long. if there ir no .ai file I usually do it in the following way:

that method's end result is a pit_lane.ai.candidate file which I rename into fast_lane.ai. It works at least for doing cameras.
Specifically on this track I'm working on, the file is around 700kb and it makes the track loading time to go up to 90seconds, which is a lot I think.

So I gotta be doing something wrong definitely.

Anyone that could help me out I'll be very thankful.

Cheers
Why don't you record a fast_lane.ai?
To the loading time, I think it is absolutely normal that the loading time increases, no need to worry

I just click both because it doesn't seem to work properly, or at least you can't stop recording it. Maybe I need to do it that way. Sometimes I get a fast_lane.ai.candidate but for mountains I usually use the pitlane.ai and rename it

is it possible to create a skin (o at least change from white to red) without having a template?
I just have the skin like this
jPkj2P3.jpg

Is this the right formula for finding the spring rate of leaf springs when all you have are the (rough) dimensions? Seems to produce reasonable results in a spreadsheet, or what seem reasonable anyway, I really don't know enough to be sure, hence the question.

https://www.fxsolver.com/browse/formulas/Semi-Elliptic+Laminated+Leaf+Spring+(Stiffness)
There is a document on ACmods in which you can put the known values.
I had a similar question, I would search for Bumpstop rate in the forums, my question should pop up, it was answered by @garyjpaterson

Do you mean the AC Worksheet 016? Been playing with that - thanks to whoever made it as it's taught me a lot - and using the spring rates I've calculated but I want to be sure I'm on the right track using the formula above and not doing a bit of Garbage In Garbage Out. Can't find your question yet but I'll do a bit more searching, thanks for your reply.

Do you mean the AC Worksheet 016? Been playing with that - thanks to whoever made it as it's taught me a lot - and using the spring rates I've calculated but I want to be sure I'm on the right track using the formula above and not doing a bit of Garbage In Garbage Out. Can't find your question yet but I'll do a bit more searching, thanks for your reply.
Yes that is what I'm talking about

Can anyone give me any tips for getting an audio sample to playback on a track? I have placed an object (AC_AUDIO_1) on my track next to the road. I have added this entry to the audio_sources.ini

[AC_AUDIO_1]
VOLUME_SCALE=20
VOLUME=0.9
FILENAME=content/tracks/feldberg/sfx/bells.wav

The file I am trying to use has been saved at 44.1khz in 16bit mono and placed inside a folder named sfx in my track folder. When I get to the place where the sample should be playing, I hear nothing :(

Does anyone have any ideas? :unsure:

-EDIT- apparently this feature has been removed from mod tracks :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back