AC Modding Questions Thread

I don't have any answers :( But this dumb question this time:

My edge meshes doesn't blur. They are alphablend mode and set to transparent. here is screen from Goodwood, and then a screen from Brands Hatch.

7KNMBG1.jpg

pLElFZ4.jpg

Seems that it was because shader was ksperpixel_AT, and it probably doesn't go with alphablend mode because it is AT, changed to simple ksperpixel and it seems better. It is still a bit weird, but I guess because UV is a little bit overstretched.

I have a question about the physical layer on a track.
I did my renderable mesh for the road and I have cloned this mesh then I applied a Turbosmooth modifier and a displace modifier with a bitmap to add bumpness to my track (it's a dirt track).

First try: I named the renderable layer "1GRASS_1" I can drive on the track without problems.

Second try : I named the physical layer "1GRASS_1" and set it to unrenderable, I named the renderable layer "GRASS_1" But in some place my car fell thought the track.

I have checked: flipped polygons, the normals, reset Xform.
Did i missed something ?

I have ~60k vertices on my physical mesh to be able to load it in ACEditor.
But maybe there is another limitation for physical road ?

Oh wow, just noticed this thread, which is good as I will no doubt have some silly questions:p

To start with, is there any way to view the shader properties of Kunos' cars? if not, anyone know any good in-depth guides to different material settings? I've managed to find some basic explanations relating to vehicle paint ect, just if there was a more descriptive guide it would help speed up the development process:D

Oh wow, just noticed this thread, which is good as I will no doubt have some silly questions:p

To start with, is there any way to view the shader properties of Kunos' cars? if not, anyone know any good in-depth guides to different material settings? I've managed to find some basic explanations relating to vehicle paint ect, just if there was a more descriptive guide it would help speed up the development process:D

If you use Content Manager, when using the built-in CM Viewer if you click on a part of the car it will display the material's properties, including the various settings and which texture files are applied to it. :)

You put an invisibility cloth from Hary Pothear on them :D

No JK.

You call an object 1WALL, and later in editor you make it renderable - false. You can make it out of single plane, both sides will be colidable I think.

Strange how you ask how you remove them lol You remove them haha

You put an invisibility cloth from Hary Pothear on them :D

No JK.

You call an object 1WALL, and later in editor you make it renderable - false. You can make it out of single plane, both sides will be colidable I think.

Strange how you ask how you remove them lol You remove them haha
Both sides are colidable but the back side will be sticky.

Thanks, didn’t know if it was done through data or part of the model.
Top gear test track has them in strange places so wanted to remove them..

I'm trying to paint the Porsche 911 GT3 R in 3D. I used the kn5conv.exe, but the .fbx file has the left door floating above the car. It's the same in Mudbox and Paint 3d. converting the file into a binary fbx didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this?
hGet2hi.png

Is there any track/training course mod (closed loop) that exposes a lot of techniques (trailbraking, heel-toe, Scandinavian flick, u turn, etc) ?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing