AC Modding Questions Thread

I don't have any answers :( But this dumb question this time:

My edge meshes doesn't blur. They are alphablend mode and set to transparent. here is screen from Goodwood, and then a screen from Brands Hatch.

7KNMBG1.jpg

pLElFZ4.jpg

Come on, no dumb question since... 20days ?!

Here's one.
I'm fighting with the cat165 with the AI going to pit really early in race.
I tried updating the ai.ini file, try matching values from the miata
they still go... 7th lap instead of 2nd in Brands hatch indy, that's better but still...

Fuel can be found in fuel_cons.ini
and car.ini

anywhere else ?

ok what seems to work is reduce the value under fuel_cons.ini to "exaggerate" the consumption of the car, this way AI puts more petrol.
AI doesn't care about any other values it seems! Minimum liters etc. doesn't seem to affect it
AI ain't smart.

Which is weird is, with same values across files as the Miata, the 165 goes to pit and the miata doesn't... i'm probably missing something. But anyways, it's working :)

I guess at least when you set the fuel_cons for the AI you must consider of course the consuption, but I think there are more variable like drag and rolling resistance ? Anyway, I think it's safer in every case if you have a bigger fuel_cons for the ai, at least the never run out of fuel xD !

If you drive a few laps with the AI app open you can save fuel cons automatically, I'm not sure what the best track to do it on is though.

If you drive a few laps with the AI app open you can save fuel cons automatically, I'm not sure what the best track to do it on is though.
I tend to do it Magione, dunno if thats official but I seem to remember Kunos choosing that as their track for balancing FFB gain, so its possible they use it for the fuel consumption too.

Does D.I.P depend on amount of texture images, or just amount of materials and objects ?

To be more clear, would a material in multimap shader which has 4 images cause 4x more DIP than a simple perpixel shader with only diffuse texture ?

Sorry Mantas, i thought i was "qualified" but then your question uses words unknown to me :roflmao:

I ask a question on top of yours :/

I've been having issues, pain in the *** issues with a spring, and skin modifier.
I watched the youtube tutorial again to make sure. I tried many things, all doing the same..

As soon as i export my model with the spring on, it crashes when loading with ksEditor, if i remove the springs, works fine.
If i remove the bones in the skin modifier, working.
I even created a fresh mesh with skin modifier, reset xform, center gyzmo, add skin and bones : crashes ksEditor... i tried changing names, exporting into a new fbx file, i checked the export menus, the hierarchy, editable mesh, editable poly, with AC dir helper script, without it... i don't know what to try anymore

If i do the same things in another 3dsmax scene for example, it works fine. I redid a fresh mesh, it's working fine.

please send help

edit: i think my computer is telling me to go to bed
upload_2018-2-11_22-21-4.png

Last edited:
Hey just a quick question regarding sound modding. Got most of it working but I can't seem to figure out BOV's at all. The AC example isn't much help and having tried changing the sound.ini I get the BOV sound in game but not in anyway realistic to how it should be. It plays almost randomly while on throttle as well as off so not much use at the moment. Any help would be great thanks.

playing with ini files
(oh yes things are shaking and rotating :D)
regarding digital instruments now,
upload_2018-2-19_22-7-49.png

can a user change between miles / km somehow ?
km/h is text using
TYPE=PLACE_HOLDER
TEXT=km/h​
so that's that. But could type=speed automatically take user preference ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%