AC Modding Questions Thread

Thanks for help guys!
I deleted my previous pic so I don't confuse people.

This is updated ms crappy paint skills.

@mclarenf1papa

I only see one pink curve is this better?

nyGGOMY.png

could the blue mountain peak one be

normalized longitudinal force vs slip angle?

Last edited:
Thanks for help guys!
I deleted my previous pic so I don't confuse people.

This is updated ms crappy paint skills.

@mclarenf1papa

I only see one pink curve is this better?

nyGGOMY.png

could the blue mountain peak one be

normalized longitudinal force vs slip angle?
The slip ratio one looked pink on my phone...

Otherwise, your labeling for the load sensitivity is a bit unclear- Load sensitivity (vertical load vs. coeff) would be better. And like Stereo said, the semi-circle looking one is a combined slip graph.

Why is it that some car previews don't work despite the skin having a preview.jpg file in folder? Specifically, Ferrari F2004 previews aren't working. Vanilla skins, 4K Marlboro and Jaguar previews work, but BMW, BAR, Toyota, Sauber previews don't. The mods contain a preview file and I think it works for other people, but I cannot figure out why it does not work for me. https://i.imgur.com/BtV36z2.png

Tried creating new previews with the preview generator, but they still did not appear in game. I had the same issue earlier with some McLaren F1 vanilla skins, that went away after a game update. Would like to understand why this is. edit: changed the pic to a link since it's not necessary anymore

Last edited:
@Stereo
@mclarenf1papa
@David Dominguez
@kunos
Round 2 of my stupid questions :(

using the equation posted in ac forums
MULT = (DY_REF*FZ0) / (FZ0^LS_EXPY)
At some other load the new Dy would be:
Dy = Fz^LS_EXPY * (MULT / Fz)

Why isn't my excel calculation matching what the game is showing?
Is it even possible to calculate DY or DX with different loads or its done under the hood?

(Not printed in physics app but I guess DX F and DX R would be the same since MULT is same value.)
(this is with car running camber and toe at 0)

JF5XEjb.png

mWi2vqU.png

It's still just one multiplier, tire pressure/temperature/wear also modify the live Dy.

So there is no way to determine the live Dy and Dx?
Without having equations for pressure/temp/wear Multi.
(From playing around it seems the LS_EXPY is some kind of scale factor for DY value.)

What I am trying to do is use real tyre rig data that my University has. It very recent and its on fairly high performance street tyre. Unfortunately I am not allowed to share the files with anyone. (not even allowed to take file with me, can only view it at Uni.)

No, I mean if you look at the app, it's showing load*pressure*temperature*wear*base Dy, so it will never match the load Dy curve exactly.

So after 2 hours of excel and trial and error...open AC drive take screenshot of car engineer app/setup debug/telemetry..

I think I figured way to calculate live DY F and R Values. Gonna need more verifying and will post final excel sheet on ac physics forums.

Didn't show the whole spreadsheet its massive there is more values in there camber/sensitivity etc.

The in game physics app matches the DY F and R value down to last digit using excel.
KFZKnZw.png

Hello there,
I have this problem since a long time. The flames look just a little bit too transparent. First I thought it was a common issue, but all he other videos I found have normal flames. Can anyone help (This happens on all cars)
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_gtr_ks_highlands_8-12-117-16-15-25.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_gtr_ks_highlands_8-12-117-16-16-11.jpg

Can you mirror them to stand on the right side of the car? I know that this doesn't make any sense from a relaitic point of view, but if you can't delete them...

Hello there,
I have this problem since a long time. The flames look just a little bit too transparent. First I thought it was a common issue, but all he other videos I found have normal flames. Can anyone help (This happens on all cars)
I think you need to have post-processing effects on to see the flames properly.

Hi guys,

I'm working on a skin for the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 for an upcoming championship in 2018,
I'm using Photoshop to add every decals and colors, and then i use GIMP to export the psd file to the dds file.
But there is something i dont understand, i want to use a metal_detail file for a carbon look fiber with the skin i did.
I can clearly see the skin_00.dds file (exported in DXT5) has some areas that are transparant but when i want to create a preview or even when i drive the car, i dont see the carbon fiber, but a black paint color instead.

PS: I'm not home now so i can't show anything.

If someone could send me to the right direction ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%