AC Modding Questions Thread

Been working on the AI and TV cams tonight, couple of issues have presented themselves.
1. The start/finish camera hasn't been working, it's been skipping camera_0. File is attached
2. An unfortunate issue with my pit building is that the garages are 4m apart, which pits the AC_PIT objects too close together for the AI to get out. Just wondering if there is any issue with putting the cars at an angle in pit lane rather than parallel to pitlane.

Attachments

• cameras.ini
    6.8 KB · Views: 317
Don't the IN-OUT points need to be on the same lap?

So in your file, Camera_0 has:
IN_POINT=0.97
OUT_POINT=0.00

Does your file work if you change 0.00 to 0.99999?

No, they don't. But you may have to add 1 to the last camera in the loop.

For example, in my files, I'll have a camera start near 0.9 (to see them on the start grid) and go to 1.05, then the next camera will start at 0.05 to 0.15 or whatever...I think you need to add the 1 if you're camera covers areas that cross the start finish line.

So in your file, Camera_0 has:
IN_POINT=0.97
OUT_POINT=0.00

Does your file work if you change 0.00 to 0.99999?
Yes and no. Mid-replay this will work fine, but when starting the replay the game cannot recognize the start points.

AFAIK pits are collision free, even in single player, so 4 m should be fine.

Yes and no. Mid-replay this will work fine, but when starting the replay the game cannot recognize the start points.

AFAIK pits are collision free, even in single player, so 4 m should be fine.
You can hit cars in pit lane in single player. The angled pit box should be fine. That is how it is done on the nordschleife.

As for cameras the last and first camera should be in the same location at that start line. The last camera should be like .97 to 1. The first camera should be 0 to .15. Or something like that.

As for cameras the last and first camera should be in the same location at that start line. The last camera should be like .97 to 1. The first camera should be 0 to .15. Or something like that.

This is only if you want a smooth transition across the finish line. A lot of people, Kunos included, have different start and finish cams. I don't like it because it looks weird to see a cam change right on the line, but technically, you can have them in different spots.

@gt_virus check out these forums for a cam guide I did.

I have a strange issue. I have created an object in 3ds max normally pointed down -as I started from scratch. (at least I think). But from some reason in ksEditor, this object is turned up side down. How to turn it around (flip it over) in 3ds max?

Y axes up? Or did you mean Z axes? Z is up of course.
Then I tried to use poly`s Flip function, which flips the selected polys, but I do not like to use it, since if I use Surface modifier to create more poys, some part of the mesh flips automatically (do not get it why).

But how come its turned for 180 degrees, since I started to model the object correctly orientated. This is what I would like to know.

I figured it out, at least I hope. I was telling you I used Surface modifier, so I found out there is an option under it, its called Flip Normals. So I used this one, and so far works good (if I used Flip option under Editable poly, the objects got messed up when changing number of polys with Surface`s Steps option (which addes more/less polys)).

But still not sure when it was inverted (flipped) by it self...

Last edited:
Have another question, how to make this connecting road in best possible way in 3ds max (and short clues)?
I did some example with a new spline but this is not such a good idea, since I do not know how to connect on both sides (the track)?

ok2.jpg

ok2b.jpg

ok2c.jpg

If you have yet to put in elevation, I do it by making a shape from the road edges, then using shapemerge to cut out the other poly's. I'm sure there is a better way though!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 242 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%