AC Modding Questions Thread

Having MAP texture of similar color should help. Blue channel increases refelctivity, and green increases sharpness of reflections. Or vice versa, sorry don't remember perfectly.

so it's just the diffuse color to change = in the body.dds
and the body_base_map.dds will be pinkish where it's chrome, and brownish where it's painted. A shortcut to what @mantasisg explained

screen below :
upload_2017-8-25_11-33-26.png

Now the red part isn't chrome in my example
when i tried to color a chrome part, it didn't look very nice
i didn't try more than that!
and all the chrome part in my caterhams are black/dark color diffuse
But the one in the Audi seems to work!

Ok guys, here comes my dumb question. Been trying to repaint the Lamborghini Countach and Miura. When I open the template and make a new layer to paint on if I put it underneath the AO it won;t show up. I get just a white car. If I put it on top of the AO the AO doesn't show.
Normally there's a layer called "paint here" or similar and the AO is like transparent. Not so in the Countach and Miura. AO layer is solid white without the colour showing through. It also happens with the Paganis, the BMW m3, and a couple more.
Is this some bug? I've seen plenty of repaints here of these cars so must be something I'm doing wrong. Just don't know what. My repaint skills are still extremely basic so....
Any help very much appreciated.

Ok guys, here comes my dumb question. Been trying to repaint the Lamborghini Countach and Miura. When I open the template and make a new layer to paint on if I put it underneath the AO it won;t show up. I get just a white car. If I put it on top of the AO the AO doesn't show.
Normally there's a layer called "paint here" or similar and the AO is like transparent. Not so in the Countach and Miura. AO layer is solid white without the colour showing through. It also happens with the Paganis, the BMW m3, and a couple more.
Is this some bug? I've seen plenty of repaints here of these cars so must be something I'm doing wrong. Just don't know what. My repaint skills are still extremely basic so....
Any help very much appreciated.

if you're using photoshop, you need to look for layer option

upload_2017-8-25_14-28-31.png

it should be multiply, in order to "multiply" the dark area onto your "paint here" layer

(the opposite effect is screen instead of multiply, if the ao is inverted or so)
hope it's what you were asking :p

Using Gimp here. I put the AO layer on "multiply" but still the same. Driving me nuts hahaha.
Tx mate for the answer.

Edit:

*Dancing happy dance* Got it mate! Thanks a lot. Had been trying all sorts of things.

Now the red part isn't chrome in my example
when i tried to color a chrome part, it didn't look very nice
i didn't try more than that!
and all the chrome part in my caterhams are black/dark color diffuse
But the one in the Audi seems to work!
the MAP texture for the pink part is actually totally white.

These were the shader settings I used, maybe a little modified from what you had send me, guess they would also work with the Damage and Dust variant (which I didn't use on the Audi, and so far noone seems to miss them)
1.jpg

o/
gentlemen,
is it possible to use a sound bank from another car (this part yes
upload_2017-9-2_0-35-38.png
)
But to force the exterior sound all the time, even in interior ?
i know they added options for bonnet & bumper view, but that's all ?

Last edited:
Hi, is it me or whenever I'm doing track cameras, I open the fbx file (or several fbx files in case they are split), open the AI fast lane file and start creating cameras, after I finish I save it and I would like to create a new one...
Do I have to re open every thing again? is there any option to just delete the camera section and don't have to open everything ?
thanks

Is there a way to click the "drive button" with the steering, once the loading is finished
upload_2017-9-7_23-34-4.png

rather than having to use the mouse each time...
i sense it's not a true modding question, but it's a dumb one so... :D

i mean, come on, the arrow keys on the steering wheels could be so useful...

Dumb question...

I have a T300 with a wheel rotation of 1080 degrees. Yet some official and mod cars have even more wheel rotation just like IRL, so the wheel in game and on my desk do not match. I can live with it, doesn't bother me much, but is there a way to edit the steering rotation to 1080 or 900 degrees without compromising the data.acd? I doubt it, but still, dumb questions thread :D

Dumb question...

I have a T300 with a wheel rotation of 1080 degrees. Yet some official and mod cars have even more wheel rotation just like IRL, so the wheel in game and on my desk do not match. I can live with it, doesn't bother me much, but is there a way to edit the steering rotation to 1080 or 900 degrees without compromising the data.acd? I doubt it, but still, dumb questions thread :D
In the settings-> view->virtual steering wheel rotation limit and then set it to 1080°

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%