F1 2013 The desperate need for a longer online quali/practice session...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
This topic has come up time and time again in wish lists for each year's game... yet CM have
failed to deliver a longer multiplayer qualifying session than their admittedly 'short qualifying' session...

The lack of a longer qualifying or even ideally a Practice session really spoils the game for people
who like to play online and generally just have access to the cars and the tracks, work on setups and battle for lap times over a realistic session length.

Having to re-run the session every 15 minutes is not fun and if you're using fuel and tyre sim, pitting every couple of laps... the session is over in no time. It would be literally dead easy to add a longer online game mode and I have no idea why CM haven't done it. Nonsense about it not catering for 'the masses' is complete rubbish as there are literally online leagues who run full seasons on this game and a 15 minute qualifying session just isn't enough.

Who wants a 15 minute quali session going into a 70 lap race?... It's just dumb.
You can run a full length session online via the co-op championship, but you can't pick your track of choice and you have to share the track with (far too many) AI cars at any given time who all brake very early and block the racing line...

Please look at adding a longer online practice/quali mode this time CM as it's a total game breaker for me and everyone I know who tries to use this game as an online racing 'sim'.

I agree with you, why there is no selection of Quali length available is surprising, and it should be so easy to implement.

The same goes for free practice. How they can change their core business to a pure racing developer, but still ignore the basics of racing is unbelievable.

I will be surprised if they change anything before their licence expires in 2015.

Dedicated servers anyone? :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years