F1 2013 The Demolition Derby game - Grosjean vs Maldonado

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Demolition Derby game. To celebrate the joining of the two drivers who've gained a reputation at Lotus for 2014, this tongue-in-cheek game will test your mettle, and the strength of your carbon fibre :roflmao:.

What you need
  • F1 2013 on any console or PC.
  • The 1980's classic content.
  • A way of taking and uploading screenshots (Imgur or Photobucket will do nicely).
  • A way of recording short videos (The free version Fraps will do on PC, or a video camera filming the screen if not).
How it works
There will be 7 different challenges set on the game. I will explain what you need to do for them all and the settings you need. Each challenge will have a certain aim to achieve at a certain track. You will score points depending on your results in each challenge.

What to do first
If you have all the stuff in the "What you need" section, you are almost there. Your control settings can be what ever you want. You can adjust the driving assists as much as you like, but penalties need to be on Corner Cutting Only, and damage simulation should be on Full.

Lastly, you need to choose a side: Romain Grosjean or Pastor Maldonado. You will use this driver for the whole time. It doesn't affect your performance if you choose a slower car, it's just for fun There will be an overall leaderboard, and a separate one for each driver.

Team Romain Grosjean
Jimlaad43
Rami Saidy
Jrv01
lesleyyb

Team Pastor Maldonado
the_sigman
oldwolf
Benutzername
Milos Ancevski
ParkYongLee

Leaderboards.
demoderb6.jpg

Last edited:
As the uptake isn't that big at the moment, I'll post the first challenge to try and attract more people.

I came in like a Wrecking Ball!
To start off, we head to Spa-Francorchamps. Your aim here is to create the most spectacular turn 1 pile-up at La Source. The weather must be set to "Light Cloud" and you must use the driver you chose at the start. Use the settings mentioned above. When you are happy, watch the replay and take a video and/or a few screenshots of the resulting crash. You have until Friday night (UK time) to PM me your entries, where I will judge and post the results. bonus points if it looks like Grosjean's pile-up in 2012 or any other pile-up at La Source you can find pictures of.
Spa-crash.jpg

"I came in like a Wrecking Ball" Results
Winner - the_sigman

the_sigman takes victory in the first round with a spectacular entry for Team Pastor. With a score of 8/10, the jumping McLaren's were enough to fend off the multiple pile-up of Rami Saidy and the rather pathetic take out from Jimlaad43. A no score from oldwolf gives him no points. The wheelie at the end wasn't at La Source, so didn't contribute to the points score.

derb1_zpse2d4cc50.jpg

Details of Round 2 will appear after some reactions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%