RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

man... ran in decent positions for early fractions of both races, particularly race 1 where about 19 cars drifted into the sand at the hairpin :D

just can't even slightly be consistent for a prolonged period though... which then pisses me off and it's a downward spiral from there... :(

also, tarmac pirahnas were EATING MY TYRES and couldn't click the cure during pracco....

cheers gary lad, lairy fun mate :thumb:

What a fun event lol :) Really enjoyable combo we had ! Cheers.

As for the races !

Race 1:

Quallied 9th...did I mention I hate superpole !!
Race...got away quick passed some crashing vette's here and there and got clean on to p4 ! Chased and chased got passed laggy Reik and then behind keith and gary as they was battling pretty heavy.
Managed to pass Keith as well since he went wide and sneaked to 0.3 on Gary. Then we met a lapper and Gary passed him on straight and in 1st corner the lapper thought he could let us pass after but we went 2 x the speed in that turn so brake and little touch. Keith and me got away with it thank god :D but the little bugger Gary got another free second or so !
At the end 0.9 sec behind but race was done ! hehe great fun.

Race 2:

What a big laugh I had rofl. 5th on grid and got away good...keith on my tail again but then...turn 4 or so...brake as usual .but NOTHING happens !!!!

Really had to laugh hard about it tbh..was pressing down the CLUTCH ROFL...slam bam upside down :D..pitted got back on track infront of Patrick but since I was 1.9 lap behind had to let him pass :p
Also had received a Stop and go since start and turn 1 caused me 2 warnings and then I forgot the speed limiter in pit when I got in there...
so kinda gave up then lol was a laughter anyway !

Cheers

Race 1: Made a good start of the line but lee made a craper so i had put the brakes on. I then get rammed of at t3 and later on in the race i get hit by a car i just lapped.
In the end i finished 5th.

Race2: I started in 4th place Gary was infront of me down to a glitch so there was 2 people in 2nd place, I make a reasonable get away but as Gary was ontop of another car so it pushed me of the track so it leaves dead last. Managed to make a few places back due from a Normal T1 shunt.
I Was in 4th place catching Keith, just infront of me was 2 backmarkers. Nigel was battling with the car other car so I went for the slipstream move on Nigel but then backed of just b4 the corner as i wouldn't of been able to make this move and then suddenly The other car slams on his brakes and I had no where to go apart from hit him.

Grats Keith and Patrick for the Victories and Gary for setting up the event

Race 1 was brilliant, started last and had some great clean fights with people, specially Neil (the widest car on track) and Marc (the other widest car on track) to finish 9th.

Race 2 was another story, not a happy bunny:pissed-off:.

And also sorry Neil for smashing you in the side at T1 race2, I was pushed out to you and had no time to react.

Qualify: 2nd Finish: 1st

Had to quickly run and grab Pats setup near the end of practice due to an outbreak of silly and obscene times being layed down......it worked better than i hoped with a front row start...discretion was the better part of valour at T1 where i had to concede my slightly better run on Keith,but he had the inside clean and clear and i tucked in behind on his back bumper ready for a long night of following,but i noticed early Keith didnt really settle in and after about 9 laps of pressure he cracked enough to let me alongside and passed coming out the final turn,he could keep with me and then i got a little unwanted knock at the chicane,he duly waited to let me recover,but now all our hard work breaking away from the pack was gone,he got passed me again,then had an off at the final turn letting me and Ries past,i was happy enough to pace myself to the finish :).
Race2 and "Houston we have a problem"....i was inside another car in 2nd place....we both got away well then the car i was in broke away from me a bit,and there was little "stutter",this caused the car behind to bump me,the fear of Blue Flag bug pushed me onwards as fast as i could go,eventually boiling down to a me and Patrick D battle,i hung on as good as i could until Pat settled in,then totally put the hammer down and dropped me,no point pushing to catch when hes on that kind of form tbh...pleased i held Keith off and finish 2nd.
Gratso Pat,that was stunning race pace mate :good:...Well done all podiumites this evening,and well done all who stayed to the finish,again i found all blue flag gents to behave perfect for me,and finally thanks for nice comments on the car/track combo,much appreciated as i do try and put some thought and tests into these events for all our pleasure :).
Final thanks to RD making it all possible in the first place.

Great event again after all.

Race 1: Started somewhere in the middle of the pack and made up quite some places in the first few corners. While braking after the long backstraight I got hit by some cars not slowing down early enough so was way out in the green.. :p
Fortunately the car still ran well so made up quite some places. For about 8 laps I had to keep Bob Miley behind so I took out the wide version of my car, lol
Sorry, I don't know if I clipped your line sometimes as I just couldn't see enough when turning in.. in the last lap I even managed to sneak past Neil in the second to last corner to take 7th place.

Race 2: On the grid I was inside another car so I was not sure if it would work out. Well.. had no problems what so ever and was in place 1 after the first corner.. sadly I spun the car in the last corner and even spun back on track - sorry to everyone, I tried to keep off the racing line.. :/
After all I still managed to finish 7th again because of several race accidents I was not involved in and had quite a lonely race.

Looking forward to the next event that suits my timetable.. :chuck:

As mentioned, nice choice Gary ... had fun with these tonight, despite a desperately bad race 1 :moneymouth:

Qualied 5th in front of Ben (now there is a first eh mate?) :D

Turns 1 and 2 had a melee going on, got passed by a couple of folk, and then heading into T3 I got tapped from behind, not hard but enough to unsettle the car and send me straight into Ben and Marc I believe it was.
Even tho it wasn't really my fault, I sat and waiting for Marc to dig his way outta the gravel, which left me around last I think :doh:
A few other folk went off in next couple of laps and I found myself catching Neil fast ... he braked harder than expected into T2, I had nowhere to go, car was light and spun from excessive braking required trying not to collect him :doh: :doh:
A few laps later I had Poitr's attention, but not enough as he managed to spin me (twice nearly I think) ... no worries mate, but reckon you need to work on that following thing :D (see race 2 below) ...
Finally finished somewhere ... by going down pit lane and allowing myself to go one lap down LOL

Race 2 - started 12th ... huge melee on T1 which I dived luckily right through unhindered, then we were 3 abreast in T2 :shocked: (or maybe this happened in Race 1, I get confused :))
Anyway ... I came out of things in about 6th with Poitr behind me again paying me some attention which I was working hard to ignore :wink2:
Ben got on Poitr's tail, but Poitr got a bit over-zealous once more and spun me again by outbraking himself ... as I said in chat, round not thru mate ... LOL :D
Gentlemanly though Poitr waited every time he gave me a nudge :good:

Ben was off up the road and Nico was somewhere around, Poitr seemed to have lost the will as he fell away quickly after this.
I managed to reel Nico in lap on lap, and at the next but last turn, ducked inside him about 6 laps from the end. From there I pulled a ~2 second gap out and took it to the flag to take 4th I believe it was ...

Excellent fun tonight, and no worries on the punts Poitr - I know its hard to be calm and patient when tailing and trying to pass someone, but patience usually pays off in the end :laugh2:

Thanks again Gary and RD, Gratz to podiums and to all yeah boys racing tonight :thumb:

nice races but I've been involved in incidents at turn one on both races, both causes by Reik I think, at second race he even tried to pass cars outside the track and make some mess around :(

and yes unfortunate moments with Lee :)
you were too slow out of that corner :tongue: so it was hard to avoid you every time especially when I've had another car just behind me, but we also have few laps with good fight :dance2:

Race 1 started 11th, managed to get to P7 and was closing. Halfway on the track i got behind Reik and didn't want to get to close. Then at the straight Reik went off the track and i didn't see him anymore. Suddenly there was nothing left of my car.

Race 2 had a ok start, but could not evade someone spinning which cost me my bumper and suspension. I thought off going to take a pitstop, but i was to concentrated on the track that i missed the entrance. Had some trouble keeping the car together and went off the track at T1. Race over.

Thanks for putting up this event! Had a good time.

Had two avarage races today. I did not really get a feeling for the car but was funny though.

But today, more important for me are the complaints about my brother (Reik). I know him for a long time now :) and I can asure you, he is a fair and clean driver like me. He sufferd from a bad internet connection with a bad ping today. He has a crappy provider. Some days are good some days are bad.

To show that there is really no bad behavior I made a comparision of his and mine replay of the start of Race 1 and put it on youtube.
Edit: The green car is Reik.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48deTKLvXMM[/media]

He will not attend any more events until this problem is resolved (provider change).

(I'm writing this only because I have free tomorow and was able to afford the time to put this little video together, so I promised him to do so and post it here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%