RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Weather: Changeable
[FONT=&quot]Are you sure about this?

Just to clarify, with the current game version, I'm under the impression that the "Changeable" option will only randomly decide the weather at the start of the session.

Example:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] We can have a hot and dry 30°+ warm-up followed by a cold and rain race.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The weather and track conditions at the start of the session will maintain, wish means, that if we start the 50 laps with light rain and the track lightly wet, it will keep like that until the end of the 50 laps ([/FONT]even with continuous rain the track won’t get wetter[FONT=&quot]).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
At least this is my experience... maybe I’ve been unlucky and I'm wrong.
[/FONT]

• Matt Crouch

regardless of that, changeable weather means that we don't know what the weather will be at the start of the session so we still need to be prepared for anything, it's used in a few events...

The weather can actually change during the race, it has happened to me in an online race before, e.g. it started raining at the start, then it stopped raining, the sun came out and the track dried. Mostly the changeable weather is not very variable though.

• Matt Alpeter

yes, but can he go that fast for 10 laps? the ol audi may be slower but she'll bite you in the end! lol

btw Peter, very nice painting your sister made and great skin to go with it!

...The weather can actually change during the race, it has happened to me in an online race before, e.g. it started raining at the start, then it stopped raining, the sun came out and the track dried...

Ok, with this latest patch I've not been able of reproducing the above statement (with the old I could)... if you have, it means I've been unlucky and that I'm wrong regarding my second sentence, thanks.

But the 1st sentence still stands

We can have a hot and dry 30°+ warm-up followed by a cold and rain race.

In real live, this doesn’t happen... and even the 1% that happens, means one must have at least 1 "wet" session before the race.

Since English isn’t my 1st language, just to make it clear…

If one has all training sessions in the “dry” whether (doesn’t rain in any of the training sessions, practice, qualify, warm-up) and then, out of nowhere, we have a “wet” race, in real live one just doesn’t go “guessing” the wet setup and starts a full green flag race. It varies with the motorsport, but there are rules that go from small 15 min wet training session just before race, to x laps behind the pace car and other more elaborated rules.

Notice also I don’t have any real problem with the “changeable” weather option (it is equal for everyone), I was just making sure of a few things and that everybody knew what might be coming.

With the old patch, I was a full supporter of the “changeable” weather option, and did many races with this option on in another club with whom I usually race too. Then come the “new” patch the “weather” went “crazy” and we gave up on this option, maybe we were wrong in doing so, maybe not... ;)

• Chris Rodgers

For anyone planning to join this event, we have a special "practice" server available (for most of this week), kindly made available by one of our members.

We would really appreciate some people joining as we want to test the pings and server stability, since it is located much closer to Australia.

Hi Warren, please sign me up as a reserve as I'm not sure whether my visitors will still be here come Sunday. I'll get onto the server in the meantime either way and send feedback on how it's looking...oh and I'll run the Alfa for a change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%