Featured The Crew 2: June Release Date and Harley Davidson Confirmed

Discussion in 'The Crew 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,436

The Crew 2 - 1.jpg The Crew 2 - 2.jpg The Crew 2 - 3.jpg The Crew 2 - 4.jpg The Crew 2 - 5.jpg The Crew 2 - 6.jpg
    Much anticipated arcade action driving game The Crew 2 confirms late June release and official Harley Davidson licence!

Confirmed as coming to both console and PC on the new date of June 29th, The Crew 2 looks set fair to be one of the more spectacular and diverse driving games to release during 2018, not least due to both the large scale open world environment and the inclusion of vehicles on both land, sea and air - now including Harley Davidson motorcycles!

Announced back in 2017 to great surprise within the gaming community, the new sequel to the popular The Crew driving game was intended for an early 2018 public release, since delayed to an undisclosed date in the second quarter of 2018. After a period of silence from developers Ubisoft, it has now been confirmed that June 29th will be the official public release date for both console and PC versions of the title, with early access available to players who own certain versions of game.

Speaking of special editions, alongside the new release date comes news of a licence deal with legendary big bike manufacturer Harley Davidson, introducing the 2017 Harley Davidson Iron 883 to the game as a special bonus to players who pre-order the title on the run up to public release this June 29th.

What will a Harley look like in The Crew 2? Check out the trailer below to find out:

The Crew 2 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 29th 2018.

For more news and discussions around the upcoming The Crew 2, head over to our new The Crew 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, joining in with your fellow community members discussing this exciting new driving game.

Looking forward to The Crew 2? Does this type of game appeal to you? What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +120
    The graphics look amazing .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,342
    Ubisoft have in terms of sales and post support been smashing it recently with ridiculous amounts of content. I really hope this continues that trend. Crew 1 came out during the ubisoft slump but they have shown massive improvements. I dont expect it to be a sim, I just want a ton of content

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Erg

Erg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +297
    I play it from time to time to stress out a bit.. I like it as an arcade game, gave me similar feeling like TDU2 but somehow graphics looked very cartoonish to me on that video.

Let's see if they're gonna gift it like the first game :))

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +121
    Looks like fun to full around with from the couch.

6. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    Some news is better than no news...

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,539
    well, if it drives well then it could be fun, the original crew wasn't bad, but I didn't like the visual style, this time the visuals look great, so if it's at least as good as last time, this should be a fun game

8. DM2zzion

DM2zzion

Ratings:
    +135
    Nice, so they released several very expensive DLCs and shortly even a second part but never cared to fix this one game-breaking bug which existed since day one? There's an 30 or 40 pages topic in the support forum but nobody at Ubisoft cares. I'll never ever buy again any game by them and would advise you to do the same.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. el chasco

el chasco

Ratings:
    +19
    I can't Talk about the game, because the embargo (i'm a Alpha tester).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,438
    Not exactly a race sim.
    Maybe some news about Elite Dangerous Horizons could appear here too?

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +121

12. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    Is this post ironic? Have i missed something?

13. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +427
    Did they drop the incredibly terrible story from the first game? And are the physics passable now? Haven't touched the first one since it launched, because the story was cringe-worthy and the physics were abysmal. Not expecting a sim, but something that was more consistent would have been nice. Found it nearly undriveable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +93
    They did drop the story from the first game. You're no longer an undercover street racer infiltrating a national gang to take it down from the top and avenge your brother. Now you're a generic racer man and you want to be the best racer man in the national. I remember "king of motorsport" distinctively from E3 2017. This new story might be cringey still, but at least it doesn't read like my edgy middle school creative writing assignments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Trimaz

Trimaz

Ratings:
    +42
    I'm enjoying the Alpha at the moment. Looks great and feels pretty good. Ubisoft is doing okay at the moment and really backing their games. Unfortunately the game really isn't my thing but i hope it goes well and they don't **** up.

16. Trimaz

Trimaz

Ratings:
    +42
    We know TC2 is not a sim but it's a car racing game, nonetheless. You can visit spacesimcentral.com for space games. We have to let this "it's not a sim" meme die. The sooner we do that the sooner we can enjoy car racing games because they are fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. rosgillies

rosgillies
    Premium

Ratings:
    +46
    VR?

18. seco46

seco46

Ratings:
    +90
    No, It's real.

I'm a Alpha tester too (and this is the only thing I say about that because NDA)

19. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +224
    Ok, so basically his comment was the forum equivalent of "I wanna tell you but I can't". Yeah cheers mate .

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. seco46

seco46

Ratings:
    +90
    Mod-edit: let's stay on topic

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.