The Crazy Russians did it...997 GT3 RSR and COTA

Hi slightly new to the forums as I just recently got AC. Used to play GTR2 and Race07 alot back in the day...more recently GT5 and GT6.

Did anyone see this!!! Released yesterday!!!

I'm in the process of checking it out...

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

<Mod Edit: Link removed for breach of terms of service>
  • Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Porsche has been ripped straight from Forza 4, and the COTA has been ripped straight from Codemasters, which they (Codemasters) have requested it be taken down.

None of it is self made, and none of it has had permission to be converted.

look: i know that some of you may be under the impression that russians are not awesome. check the readme and prepare to have you mind blown. not only do they defeat the stereotype that they can only type in weird symbols, but the english is -perfect-. these guys are pros, & i know that because that english tells me this beauty is the glorious bastard child of like 6 different works. at least. seriously. god damn i love russians.

And how exactly does any of what you've just stated change the fact that both the track and car are unauthorized conversions? Russians may very well be awesome and I am sure there are many who would fit that description but Im not sure I could attribute that title to someone who uses someone elses work without their consent instead of building it themselves. :rolleyes:

I've seen that car being released a while ago. Illegality aside, it's pretty nicely done. Fun to race against the BMW and Mclaren.

The convertor of the Porsche did give all credits to Turn10 (not that that would make it more legal, but still...)

I have to say I agree if you are steeling ones "free mod work" where someone donated their own free time. I've done some mod work on ArmA and dealt with a little of that...not even any credit.

But if someone got paid and the company owns the property and they made a profit from it and no profit is being made here, I have no problem with it...but that's my opinion.

We are all entitled to our own.

I appreciate the fact someone did this to add content and going above the ridiculous trademark battle EA makes of this car and brand...and in a way its a finger to them that in a way is justified.

Last edited:
I have to say I agree if you are steeling ones "free mod work" where someone donated their own free time. I've done some mod work on ArmA and dealt with a little of that...not even any credit.

But if someone got paid and the company owns the property and they made a profit from it and no profit is being made here, I have no problem with it...but that's my opinion.

We are all entitled to our own.

I appreciate the fact someone did this to add content and going above the ridiculous trademark battle EA makes of this car and brand...and in a way its a finger to them that in a way is justified.
But you're stealing their profit because you're putting out the same product (that's theirs in the first place) for free....

It'd be an even better insult if the work was scratch made.....

Cmon, it's out there...it's done enjoy the mod or not, lets not debate that some work has been done whether legit or not in your opinion and people get into fights over it.

I just wanted to make people aware it's out there if you want it.

It's there, I'm enjoying it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing