The Crazy Russians did it...997 GT3 RSR and COTA

Hi slightly new to the forums as I just recently got AC. Used to play GTR2 and Race07 alot back in the day...more recently GT5 and GT6.

Did anyone see this!!! Released yesterday!!!

I'm in the process of checking it out...

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

<Mod Edit: Link removed for breach of terms of service>
  • Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence but RD's upload policy is stupid.....

Um, no it's not. There is no other way of calling your site legitimate. There are number of sites that do not care. None of them have the backing of respectable modding groups nor do they hold any official forum for game titles.. RD has no other choice and i for one full heartedly support that line. It is the accepted line in general, no cares about someone using it privately, we all do but we don't share or post any links to them either. We all know how to use Google Search, it's not like the information is hidden. But when i come to RD and download, i expect that the content is checked for anything dangerous, then checked by members that the content works, and finally if it's legal. That is quality control. The major sites all do that to survive. Yeah, you can get few hundred fast downloads but this kind of quality that RD (and other major sites) offers for years is only achievable thru strict rules when it comes to content. Go ask NoGrip or rFactorCentral about their line of conduct when it comes to mod and you will find it's the same or even stricter. Those two live solely on mods, nothing else. RD offers them on top of everything else. I've been here for what, 7 years now. And still visit everyday (and is still the only site on my browser that is not adblocked, btw ;) So if you came here, adblocked and complaining that RD doesn't host illegal content.. you need to check your ethics.)

You could ask instead how some sites are able to have steady customerbase when having all kinds of crap in their site.. and then maybe check where they are located.

Um, no it's not. There is no other way of calling your site legitimate. There are number of sites that do not care. None of them have the backing of respectable modding groups nor do they hold any official forum for game titles.. RD has no other choice and i for one full heartedly support that line. It is the accepted line in general, no cares about someone using it privately, we all do but we don't share or post any links to them either. We all know how to use Google Search, it's not like the information is hidden. But when i come to RD and download, i expect that the content is checked for anything dangerous, then checked by members that the content works, and finally if it's legal. That is quality control. The major sites all do that to survive. Yeah, you can get few hundred fast downloads but this kind of quality that RD (and other major sites) offers for years is only achievable thru strict rules when it comes to content. Go ask NoGrip or rFactorCentral about their line of conduct when it comes to mod and you will find it's the same or even stricter. Those two live solely on mods, nothing else. RD offers them on top of everything else. I've been here for what, 7 years now. And still visit everyday (and is still the only site on my browser that is not adblocked, btw ;) So if you came here, adblocked and complaining that RD doesn't host illegal content.. you need to check your ethics.)

You could ask instead how some sites are able to have steady customerbase when having all kinds of crap in their site.. and then maybe check where they are located.
But RD DOES host illegal content.....Read what Chris just said and then you can check the track mods for AC. Last time I checked, there was a bunch of tracks converted from official titles.... (simraceway, codemasters games, etc) TBF most have been removed after people tattled to the devs of those games, and then the devs asked for removal. But that's just not how it should work IMO.....

But RD DOES host illegal content.....Read what Chris just said and then you can check the track mods for AC. Last time I checked, there was a bunch of tracks converted from official titles.... (simraceway, codemasters games, etc) TBF most have been removed after people tattled to the devs of those games, and then the devs asked for removal. But that's just not how it should work IMO.....

I do agree on that. "Tattle to devs" on the other hand i do not... If there is illegal content, it should be removed, period. But i can understand that mods and admins can't check every upload, they have to trust the uploader. That reminds me, i've forgotten to upload one thing...

I think both you guys are reading from the same hymn sheet. Apologies if I'm wrong. I think its the bit of the policy requiring the owner to complain whereas, using the present current Forza car example, if RD have knowledge its illegal it shouldn't require the original owner to request a takedown before being removed. Its too much of a burden to ask RD to vet everything before it goes up but I'd prefer if once its known it should come down. Just my opinion RD, no offence.

Edit: Damn it Kennett. In there before me :)

I think both you guys are reading from the same hymn. Apologies if I'm wrong. I think its the bit of the policy requiring the owner to complain whereas, using the present current Forza car example, if RD have knowledge its illegal it shouldn't require the original owner to request a takedown before being removed.

Edit: Damn it Kennett. In there before me :)
lol at that last part.

And yeah. I just don't understand it...There should be a moderator appointed to each modding section of the various game's forums to keep up to date with illegal uploads. And if it is found out that the mod is illegal (by the community and/or the moderator), it should be removed.

Too bad I can't upload my version of the car....it has had the physics tweaked by a couple different guys and drives much better than the one most people have right now...Oh well, I better not share it, Turn10 might go out of business and hundreds of people could possibly lose their jobs if I did.

<Mod Edit: Snide remark removed. Please see post #59>

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I can't upload my version of the car....it has had the physics tweaked by a couple different guys and drives much better than the one most people have right now...Oh well, I better not share it, Turn10 might go out of business and hundreds of people could possibly lose their jobs if I did.

Plus Juris would probably try to sue me.

I know the feeling of re-modding a poorly made conversion to almost perfection and not been able to share it. Allthou, now that you have redone the physics, it's not that big step to get permission to ready made model etc... Like other have said, the internet has plenty of 3d warehouses where you can get in touch with the modeller, if you neeed any pointers ;)

On that note, my tracks are open for conversion, just drop me a line first.. I'm pretty sure AC could enjoy some open roads..

And if it is found out that the mod is illegal (by the community and/or the moderator)

This is the issue.
People must provide proof that someone has plagerised content.
You can have 1 million people screaming and shouting that something has been ripped just from observing the thing in game, but unless someone can provide legitimate proof that it has been ripped, it means nothing.

We had a guy a few weeks ago claim that someone had stolen his car skin, so we reviewed his evidence, and he was completely wrong.

Just to clarify, I don't support the ripping of people's content.
I hope that for every ripped mod, someone can provide hard evidence that they've been stolen, so that we can take it down.
I really hate that people are stealing work, but we cannot take it down unless we have proof.

If proof is provided, and the original owners disapprove of it being available, then of course we'll take it down immediately.

It's also the ripping without permission and not crediting the official owner/creator.
If content has been ripped with permission granted then of course it's okay and it will stay available.
It's part of our terms of service that people credit their work appropriately if they have taken parts of others work. If not we will ask them to do so, and if they refuse we can hand out bans, and remove their content.

You also have to consider that Assetto Corsa is one of the fastest growing racing sims on the market. Arguably the fastest growing sim. Gaming companies and developers know about this. They also will keep very close tabs on other companies games through forums such as this to try and detect if any modding content looks eerily similar to something from their respective product.
If something has been ripped from their game, they'll find out very quickly.
When you have a sim that's as popular as AC is becoming, word gets around quicker than you may think.

Just look at the Codemasters COTA track that someone ripped without permission last week.
It took only a day or so before we were asked to remove it. And we were more than happy to oblige.

Last edited:
I don't understand why that part's necessary....If the person doesn't have permission they don't get to upload it. That's the simplest way to find out if the mod is illegal or not. Ask for the written permission to convert it, and double check it with the original author (to make sure they wrote it).
Typically the proof being provided, and the developers asking for it to be taken down go hand in hand.

I don't understand why that part's necessary....If the person doesn't have permission they don't get to upload it. That's the simplest way to find out if the mod is illegal or not. Ask for the written permission to convert it, and double check it with the original author (to make sure they wrote it).

Permission to use modded content are usually verbal agreements (IM, FB Chat, casual email etc all fall under that definition). That part is free of NDAs, once you go to that stage, no content is clear without a written contract and approved by several lawyers. That's why modding is fantastic, CC licenses are (usually) enough. So we better stick to that in general, content that is outside of those contracts all together. No EOL, no cross conversions between platforms and titles etc.. It gets really complicated and expensive all of a sudden (go and negotiate with Porcshe, fly in and out for weeks, provide demos, do changes, fly in again, try to keep your work honest while car makers want their cars to perform the best in game, employ lawyers and sign agreements etc..). Then you got websites attracting customers for offering mods, getting revenue out of ads and you suddenly can find a lawsuit in your hands..

It's not out of spite to mess with honest simracers that just want to drive, i'm a simracer and i know exactly how it feels. It's no wonder why modding in general is rare these days, try getting EA to release mod tools for BF4. It's a legal minefield (they too have licensing contracts to obey to, gun manufacturers are not a small business).... So to continue modding, these general rules are there, otherwise we would not have legal mods at all (and a lot of people would've not had a chance to work in gaming industry, those mods are our CVs. A good modder knows that and stays away from illegal content..).

As a bonus, legal mods are generally better researched and built than illegal ones anyway. I know that having bunch of F1 mods for rFactor and not for Race07 is a bitch when converting them would take literally minutes but better to have some than none at all.

Last edited:
try getting EA to release mod tools for BF4. It's a legal minefield (they too have licensing contracts to obey to, gun manufacturers are not a small business)....
......and they have guns you know.

Don't go modding a Barrett 50 cal without permission. They might introduce you to the business end of the original. If they ask for a meeting make sure its in public with no overlooking buildings and your wearing clean underwear. :)

......and they have guns you know.

Don't go modding a Barrett 50 cal without permission. They might introduce you to the business end of the original. If they ask for a meeting make sure its in public with no overlooking buildings and your wearing clean underwear. :)

Thought about the same, you don't want piss off guys that can actually get a drone to your coordinates. :p

Ooooooor you can do what EA did and used Bell or Textron's product (UH-1z Cobra and UH-1Z Venom) without consent and they can drop one of these on your proverbial butt:

I was hoping when the radar was scanning and identifying targets, 'SA-8', 'C130', 'Locomotive' etc it was going to say 'Ex-wife' or 'Mother-in-Law'.

Oh well, I better not share it, Turn10 might go out of business and hundreds of people could possibly lose their jobs if I did.
Please share it, considering your friends have made the physics, instead of Turn 10!
They have the copyright over the car model, but not over your physics.
I think uploading the whole car here should not happen though. I will keep using this one until something scratch made shows up.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 950

OK, just one of the modders' opinion,
I don't agree a lot on Ripping content (especially) but there are still gray areas on this.

Actually I was using the EA model as a blueprint reference in my GT3R model(13' bodykit not pre-'12 bodykit, i.e. exterior can only be make from scratch) as there was no GT3R 2013 blueprint and has to make it on my own. I use that model just to make sure the dimension of parts are right.

The same applied to interior, I might consider that EA model in until someone can finish the interior suitable for the AC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%