The BMW M3 GT2

Hey there, i hope everyone is enjoying the "game"
I have put many hours into this and I just cant get enough, the more hours you put in each car the more depth you find out hiding underneath.
I just wanted to say this: The M3 GT2, a disappointment at first, i thought i was driving on rails but after putting a lot of time into it, OH MY GOD. It feels so good, nothing i have ever driven in a sim. At lower speeds its a damn train but when you open the taps it feels RIGHT. Nothing feels as good as going through the 1st turn @ silverstone on 5th gear flat out.

Also, watching this thing going around in replay mode it looks so damn real.

I just had to share my thoughts with you, i am a happy man.

p.s. 458 ROCKS
p.s.2 i cant drift to save my life - Edit: I can now drift :D
p.s.3 You know that a "game" is REALLY good when your English is not good enough to describe how good it feels.

Last edited:
Also, i'd like to see in Assetto Corsa a tire wear relative to your driving style, so that people should save his tires/brakes till the end of race and not driving in a "unrealistic" agressive way and have the same tire wear as those who drove in a conservative (saving tires) way...

What i mean is that you can have tires for 20 laps driving as real drivers do in real life making perfect lines and saving tires, or have tires for 7 laps driving on limit wearing/destroying them fastest! This way each driver can have his own strategy in races like saving tires and push last 3 laps, or those who prefer to push since the start and end the race with car sliding all over for example wich for sure will reproduce races like they are in real life, much more exciting...

What i mean is a real simulator that force people drive like they should not driving like in a "game"...

I admit that I played it the whole day, not getting distracted by anyone around me :p
For the last 5h or so I just enjoyed the GT2 @ Imola, it is so much fun... ridiculous! By far my favourite car/track right now. I am down to 1:44:5... I think I can find a second or so but everything after that will be difficult (for me :D)...
My biggest problem is the braking though (but pretty much all cars atm though), don't know why I just can't get the right feeling for it yet...

Going back to practicing iracing yesterday, I though that the breaking feeling on iracing is better. I dunno, i dont feel it in AC. Some cars feel ON OFF for me.. IRacing feel better. But that damn ice feeling in Iracing not

thank you for your kind words.
In AC tyres are doing "virtual distance". That means that if you go for example in a straight line at an average speed, the tyres wear out very very little. almost zero.

When tyres generate slipangle, slipration and temperature, then they start to add up virtual kms and of course the more virtual kms they add, the more they wear. So the more aggressive you drive, the more virtual Kms you do, the more you wear tyres.

The wear is not even linear, depending on the tyre compound. A soft tyre will give perfect grip for the first 3-4 laps maybe, and then wear out pretty fast.
A hard tyre will need some laps to start giving perfect grip, then go down a bit and stay stable for a much bigger time, before slowly worsening again.

And all in between situations for various compounds.

thank you for your kind words.
In AC tyres are doing "virtual distance". That means that if you go for example in a straight line at an average speed, the tyres wear out very very little. almost zero.

When tyres generate slipangle, slipration and temperature, then they start to add up virtual kms and of course the more virtual kms they add, the more they wear. So the more aggressive you drive, the more virtual Kms you do, the more you wear tyres.

The wear is not even linear, depending on the tyre compound. A soft tyre will give perfect grip for the first 3-4 laps maybe, and then wear out pretty fast.
A hard tyre will need some laps to start giving perfect grip, then go down a bit and stay stable for a much bigger time, before slowly worsening again.

And all in between situations for various compounds.

That's exactly what i have in mind, you guys think the right way. Biggest problem in races in todays simulators is that if i'm behind a guy that is burning his braking every single corner he still manage to do it for the entire race and end it with almost the same wear as i, on same tires, wich is absolutely not realistic at all...

Cheers Kunos, keep going on the right way ;)

Apperantly I was picking wrong gears for some corners which caused me struggle with car. Already done low 1,44. Not bad for a first day with asstto. Definatelly the best sim ever. Driving in AC makes me happy. I am feeling like a child opening its christmas gift. It never happend in any other sim before. I felt like that only driving real cars. And that is a sign that AC is very accurate. Actually all cars feel like I imagined they would IRL. Can't wait for more content.

spot on, I can maybe get 5 good laps out of the supersoft after that it just gets worse and worse. One question though do you guys plan on adding flat spots like it was in netkar? I really loved that... it was so cool to "deal" with it after abusing them :D

PS.: I am in the low 44's now I don't think I can go to sleep without doing a 43 :ninja::roflmao:

I've been driving this around Imola (pro settings, G27). I'm lapping in the mid 1:42s at the moment but having serious issues just keeping it on the track. changed gear ratios slightly and some differential but my setup skills are not what they should be.

If I could get the thing to be a little more stable on change of direction/weight transfer I think I could manage a 1:41, every lap I've been on where I'm looking like I can make it something happens and the car snaps out and throws me into a wall. With that in mind I'm usually 0.5-1s slower than the aliens at my best so I'm absolutely certain we will see people doing 1:41 laps.

1471901_10152340332852892_1061749543_n.jpg

1:44.192 is the best that i could do so far :( G27, Pro settings

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back