The BMW M3 GT2

Hey there, i hope everyone is enjoying the "game"
I have put many hours into this and I just cant get enough, the more hours you put in each car the more depth you find out hiding underneath.
I just wanted to say this: The M3 GT2, a disappointment at first, i thought i was driving on rails but after putting a lot of time into it, OH MY GOD. It feels so good, nothing i have ever driven in a sim. At lower speeds its a damn train but when you open the taps it feels RIGHT. Nothing feels as good as going through the 1st turn @ silverstone on 5th gear flat out.

Also, watching this thing going around in replay mode it looks so damn real.

I just had to share my thoughts with you, i am a happy man.

p.s. 458 ROCKS
p.s.2 i cant drift to save my life - Edit: I can now drift :D
p.s.3 You know that a "game" is REALLY good when your English is not good enough to describe how good it feels.

Last edited:
Hey there, i hope everyone is enjoying the "game"
I have put many hours into this and I just cant get enough, the more hours you put in each car the more depth you find out hiding underneath.
I just wanted to say this: The M3 GT2, a disappointment at first, i thought i was driving on rails but after putting a lot of time into it, OH MY GOD. It feels so good, nothing i have ever driven in a sim. At lower speeds its a damn train but when you open the taps it feels RIGHT. Nothing feels as good as going through the 1st turn @ silverstone on 5th gear flat out.

Also, watching this thing going around in replay mode it looks so damn real.

I just had to share my thoughts with you, i am a happy man.

p.s. 458 ROCKS
p.s.2 i cant drift to save my life
p.s.3 You know that a "game" is REALLY good when your English is not good enough to describe how good it feels.

Every word you wrote is spot on: it feels absolutely brilliant. Some people expect top level GTs to handle like a badger on Acid, but they don't seem to understand that they have to be comfortable to drive over long distances, meaning stability and predictability is required. The very fact that we have GTE Am class for pro-am driver pairings should also point to the fact that not every driver has to be Matt Griffin to keep one of them on the track. The trick will be in getting laptimes course to a pro pilot, not just keeping the thing on the ribbon.

And yes, the replays are so cool that I just cannot stop laughing when I watch them. The car movement is just so convincing!

One thing though, it's got the wrong wheels on it! I don't think I've ever seen these BBS rims on it, even in testing trim? Sorry, I'm an uber geek when it comes to GTs and prototypes :D Also, is there any chance of getting the car updated to 2012 spec at some point? Paddles, better looking (cleaner aero package), and just that little bit faster :)

European Le Mans Series at 3 Hours of Imola Qualifying results
3_ELMS_3hoursofImola2013_QUALIFYING.PDF

I believe the BMW is comparable to the 2nd-4th laptimes in real life and ingame for very good pilots. so around 1.42 mids

I didnt say i was fast :p
Until now i am mostly experimenting with different cars like everyone else i guess. Just this car and the ferrari make me go wow multiple times during a lap :D

"I think there is lost LOTS of room for improvement"

Edit : Oh damn you were talking about Imola :)

I admit that I played it the whole day, not getting distracted by anyone around me :p
For the last 5h or so I just enjoyed the GT2 @ Imola, it is so much fun... ridiculous! By far my favourite car/track right now. I am down to 1:44:5... I think I can find a second or so but everything after that will be difficult (for me :D)...
My biggest problem is the braking though (but pretty much all cars atm though), don't know why I just can't get the right feeling for it yet...

I love this beast and the physics but I'm a little bit sceptical about the brakes. I watched tons of videos and it just seems that it brakes too much in the game. I'm able to break 50 metres later compared to real life.

So the 1 million $ question is:
Is the car in AC made based on real telemetry from BMW Motorsport ?

In real life real pilots brake a bit earlier to save tires and not to get in too much trouble entering a corner, if you're hotlapping and doing laps on limit of course you're putting too much wear on your tires/brakes and for sure spinning a lot too...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back