The Big Meet and Race Thread

Just posted this in the Race07 thread with the same name as this thread :

"Bumping again in the hope it'll get used - however I'm wondering if an idea might be for anyone hosting to start using a standard server name so rather than having to check here people can just check in game for a server name - you can NOT use Racedepartment in the name but could use say "RDers" - if we all agreed something as a standard name that any members hosting used and if passworded a standard password then its just a case of looking for one name whilst in the game lobby. Have a standardized server name across all sims and maybe that could encourage members to get together more - I know we have RD servers - but the reality is that they are limited by not being able to hold races at anytime as well as car/track combos are limited to club events for that day or week."

Good idea?

If the server you're running has stuff that isn't default, you'd need to tell everyone ahead of time somewhere (like in this thread) anyway so they could install it and then join, and you could easily post the name of the server at that time anyway.

Don't really see a benefit to your scenario unless everything that's run is 100% default content.

Hehe, a few hours ago i go online at Moirana to see that Hans and Kjell were on. Just as i head out on my outlap the power goes out in our house.:thumbsdown:

A power transformer on a utility pole down the street shorted out and everyone within a three block radius lost power for a few hours. All fixed now.

When the power went out i hear my gf from the living room say "What did you do now Hiro?" :roflmao:

"It wasn't me, i didn't do it!!"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years