Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC RaceDepartment.com 1.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 2.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 3.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 4.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 5.jpg ACC RaceDepartment.com 6.jpg
Catch part two of our exclusive Assetto Corsa Competizione interview with Marco Massarutto and Ste'fano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni...

Causing a mass panic of excitement from the sim racing community following the announcement back on February 21st, it is probably fair to say plenty of people are excited for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and with a potential Early Access release coming to Steam this summer, we answered the community call and sat down with two of the men behind the simulation - Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo, founding members of Italian development studio Kunos Simulazioni.

If you are interested in learning more of about the official racing simulation of the Blancpain GT Series, check out part 2 of our exclusive interview at the head of this article.

If you missed it earlier, part one can be viewed HERE. Oh and please consider doing us a favour by subscribing to our YouTube channel if you enjoyed this coverage and are looking forward to more of the same in the years ahead...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Enjoy the interview? Looking forward to ACC? Learn anything new? Leave a comment below (and subscribe to our YouTube page too!)

Last edited:
arrgh, Paul missed an opportunity to ask them about two things I personally feel need improvement in close racing.

-Online physics when two cars touch. The impact and rebound forces can feel disproportional. Latency is complicated, sure, but I only complain because there is a game out there that does it better.

-Positional sound. The sound from cars behind seem to be post-processed to appear like they come from behind, but it doesn't actually use the back speakers in surround systems? It appears all sounds come from the front speakers, just like in Pcars2.

Coincidentally, these two areas are very notably improved when jumping from AC to R3E.

I really like Nicki Thiim youtube channel a lot, both on real racing and simracing. Immediately subscribed when I found.
He is a very funny (and fast) guy!

Only problem is that he is an iRacing fanboy!!!!! :D:p ahhahaha! (just joking!)
Yeah he does like his iRacing, although he did say that AC's tire model is far better than iRacing in the recent vid comparing the cup cars from those 2 and R3E

• Deleted member 130869

@kunos or @Gergo Panker
What does this announcement mean for the historic Spa-Francorchamps circuit? Are there any artists working on it or has it been discarded?

Edit: Obviously for Assetto Corsa, not Competizione.

Last edited by a moderator:
The full season entry lists look a little bit smaller than last year, but that might be better for the racing and certainly the variety has improved even further. Will be interesting to see if Kunos acquire both the old and new Bentley, Nissan and Lamborghini.

Unrelated point; two Garage 59 cars but neither are #59 - strange.

Hopefully there will be a few interesting race-by-race entries too; it would be great to see an Acura show up to a round.

Semi-confirmed race by race entries include:
Emil Frey - Jaguar
Black Swan - Porsche
Racing Tech - Porsche Cup
Audi Slovakia - Audi

Online physics when two cars touch. The impact and rebound forces can feel disproportional. Latency is complicated, sure, but I only complain because there is a game out there that does it better.
Agree. This is the reason why i prefer other sims in online racing. Because pretty much all of them handle it better then AC. I hope this will get resolved in ACC

• Deleted member 130869

Out of curiosity...
Why do you expect them to do anything like this for AC now that development has stopped and with historic spa seemingly being shelved 3 yrs ago? :O_o:

It's not expectation, it's just a question since it was previously publicized and also something of interest. If the person replying to my post earlier is correct, then that's the answer to my question :thumbsup:.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back