The Best Black Friday Deals for Sim Racers

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Black Friday Sim Racing Deals.jpg

Savings galore on some of the best sim racing equipment are coming our way this Black Friday, find all the deal info here and add your own super finds!

The big day is almost here! November 24th marks one of the biggest shopping days in the world, and this year could well be the perfect time for the discerning sim racer to stock up on some much welcomed extra hardware ahead of the holiday season... Welcome to the RaceDepartment Black Friday deals page, a central place where we will be collating the very best of the best sim racing deals for you to enjoy! Updated throughout Black Friday 2017, we hope by reading on you can find yourself a bargain and have that little treat you promised yourself ahead of the big fat man in a red suite breaking into your home late at night and eating all your food, before leaving wholly uninspiring gifts you can't afford nor have room to store...

Sim Racing Black Friday Deals

Hardware
Next Level Racing Foldable Racing Wheel and Pedal Stand

Thrustmaster VG TS-PC Racer Racing Wheel, Black
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate V2 Complete Simulator Cockpit
Racing Office Chair
Logitech G920
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Shifter
BenQ GL2760H LED TN 27 inch Monitor
Samsung LC27H711QEUXEN 27-Inch Monitor
Acer 34-Inch X34A QHD Curved Monitor
HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset
Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset
Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum - Wireless RGB 7.1 Dolby and DTS:X HeadphoneX
Thrustmaster TH8A
Ausdom AH2S Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Microphone
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7202A Gaming PC
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
PlayStation VR - Skyrim Bundle
Logitech Z906 5.1 PC Speakers

Games
Gran Turismo Sport
Forza Motorsport 7
Project Cars 2

Motorsport Manager

We hope you find something awesome during the build up to Black Friday 2017!

Remember folks shop smart.. don't end up like this..

Feel free to add your Amazon or Ebay Black Friday Deals below.

Black Friday Sim Racing Deals 2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally took the plunge and ordered this for $475:

• AMD Six-Core FX-6300 Vishera Processor
    3.50GHz (with a max turbo speed 4.1GHz), 8MB Cache

• 8GB system memory (Expandable up to 16GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

• 1TB hard drive
    Store up to 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of video and more

• Nvidia GT1030 Graphics
    2GB of dedicated graphics memory

Much thanks to all on this site who offered words of encouragement. After listening to you all, envying the community that is PC gaming, and watching the intro videos to iRacing, I decided it was silly to spend this much time at something and not do it proper. I look forward to the adventure, as I already have the TX Wheel (PC compatible I hope) and a Benq monitor. I know these specs are nothing to brag about, but I wanted entry level, but something that would run @ 60-90 fps. I know iRacing is expensive, but if you focus on the value, and not the money, I think it's the right pick for me. Of course, I'll definitely get Assetto (maybe Race Room too) and take full advantage of that Premium membership here! Thanks again.

Upvote 0
hmmm im not sure about that gpu :rolleyes:

Depends, I guess. I can always upgrade. And compared to what I have now (30fps unless you want to have a seizure) playing iRacing at 60 fps or Assetto at a stable 30 fps would be quite an upgrade. I can also overclock it, apparently, to gain 30% more power. What I was aiming for was simply outperforming the Xbox One and being able to gain access to iRacing. pCARS2 will be abandoned.

Upvote 0
Depends, I guess. I can always upgrade. And compared to what I have now (30fps unless you want to have a seizure) playing iRacing at 60 fps or Assetto at a stable 30 fps would be quite an upgrade. I can also overclock it, apparently, to gain 30% more power. What I was aiming for was simply outperforming the Xbox One and being able to gain access to iRacing. pCARS2 will be abandoned.

I could not dream of playing any race sim at 30 fps. In fact it would be a nightmare and a slideshow. :confused:

Upvote 0
I could not dream of playing any race sim at 30 fps. In fact it would be a nightmare and a slideshow. :confused:
That is exactly why there is such a disconnect between console users (who crave convenience) and PC users (who crave quality) when it comes to 2017 racing games. Even F1 2017 was tested by DF and found to be only slightly better than last year, on the console. On the PC, it is much much faster and sharper. So, yes, hard core PC players will bristle at those specs. But for console players, they are an upgrade, in any title. And that does not take into account the graphics resolution upgrade (my poor monitor is under-used) and game-play improvements. In fact, what finally made my mind up was ease of use on the PC being much better now, and the 1000 or more small small things that I can now do in game. That, along with the availability of a pool of serious racers, who are not thrown out of lobbies because of bad netcode.

I'd also like to thank SMS for being the "last straw" in this decision. Since that game is unplayable on a console, in multiplayer, it really does not matter what the graphics look like. So, much thanks Ian. :laugh: Also, I credit iRacing too. It's exactly what I want...more ovals, more leagues, and no single-player, but free practice...plus great optimization on the PC, it's only platform.

Upvote 0
Thanks man. R3E and Assetto will be top priority too. (Damn, things are cheap compared to console). I hope teamspeak works. Chat is the next issue.
Definitely would recommend R3E, along with rF2, solid sims with solid graphics that should compliment your new rig.

Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0
Definitely would recommend R3E, along with rF2, solid sims with solid graphics that should compliment your new rig.
I'm blown away at how many mods there are for Assetto and rF2. @mcnasty1 (a new computer owner himself) said there were "78 tracks 147 cars" for Assetto alone. I'm a bit afraid of mods right now because of the compatibility issues, both with your own PC and other players, but it's good to know they are there if you need them.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure to qualify for master status since you have been tainted by console blood. :laugh:

You will eventually un-taint yourself Rob. You will also suddenly crave a better GPU;). But welcome to the master race my friend.:thumbsup:
And remember Automobilista Rob. It is a fully evolved piece of sim art.

ps, a whole new world of other cheap sims and games is going to open up to you too. And not just racing but all types that just might interest you that console owners could only dream about. Welcome to the matrix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You will eventually un-taint yourself Rob. You will also suddenly crave a better GPU;). But welcome to the master race my friend.:thumbsup:
And remember Automobilista Rob. It is a fully evolved piece of sim art.

ps, a whole new world of other cheap sims and games is going to open up to you too. And not just racing but all types that just might interest you that console owners could only dream about. Welcome to the matrix.
I think I'm already craving a new GPU. :laugh:
The options out there are amazing. I think one game alone would be enough, but there are dozens, as you say. One of the benefits of coming from the console is that expectations are already at rock bottom. :thumbsup: especially after the project cars debacle. Auto ista is the one with the great sound I hear.

Upvote 0
I think I'm already craving a new GPU. :laugh:
The options out there are amazing. I think one game alone would be enough, but there are dozens, as you say. One of the benefits of coming from the console is that expectations are already at rock bottom. :thumbsup: especially after the project cars debacle. Auto ista is the one with the great sound I hear.
What MOBO are you running. I thinking it is a AM3? If so did you think of getting a AM4 B250 with a Ryzen 3 if you are on a budget?

Upvote 0
They are all pretty light on system resources the real issue is when you decide it's time VR only to discover your uber PC is suddenly brought to its knees :cry:. Nvidia need to hurry up with Volta damnit by the time that thing drops I'll have bought a motion platform and new rig with the money I was saving for a new Volta build!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back