Physics The Assetto Corsa Physics Repository

This thread is an idea I had before I took my sabbatical, now that I'm back I guess I should see it through. :p

The idea here isn't to field physics questions or give advice (we have threads for that already) but rather to list the various cars I have "finished" physics for in the hopes that I can connect with a model or two. I realize it's a long shot, but that's better than no shot, so here we go.

In no particular order:
  • McLaren F1 (road)
  • Ferrari 355 Berlinetta
  • Ferrari 308 GTB QV
  • Lamborghini Jalpa
  • Porsche 944 (S, Turbo, Turbo S, Tuned)
  • Jaguar D-type 1955
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2004 stock (USDM blobeye)
  • WTAC Time Attack cars, pro class (hawkeye STI, Evo VIII)
  • Ford GT40 MkIV

If you have a suitable or potentially suitable model "lying around," or are thinking about starting one and see something on this list you're interested in, let me know.

And if you are a physics modder and have some cars of your own to list, post 'em up! Getting even one hit justifies the thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Ferrari 355 Berlinetta
  • Ferrari 308 GTB QV
These are both on my list of cars I would like to do at some point, but currently working on something else and don't want to have too many projects at a time.

And maybe a stupid question, but any idea how close the 308 GTB and 308 GT4 might be in terms of physics? The GT4 is the reason I got into modding because my dad owns one and I believe it hasn't been in any racing game ever.

Sure, I'll chip in. In no particular order and various levels of "over 50% completion". Other stuff is either not for your eyes, so early that I don't count it in or so ancient that I'd have to rework it to be happy.

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R (Model being worked on!)
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-25T (Model being worked on!)
Nissan Fairlady Z S30 (I'm working on the model!)
Datsun 240Z (I'm working on the model!)
Honda S2000 AP1
Honda Integra DC2 Type R
Toyota AE86
Toyota MR2 AW11
Peugeot 106 Rallye S1 and S2

Not many in a relatively finished stage:

Lancia Delta S4 GrB (haven't seen the paymod)
Jaguar E-type (4.2 coupe)
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (with laserscanned suspension, pretty different from Kunos')
Lancia Stratos

Oooh nice, I wanted to try modelling a 944 :D
Do you have any technical info that could aid modelling?

Nothing in particular that would be useful for the 3d I'm afraid. I do have one in my driveway (an early '83 N/A) so I could provide some measurements and potentially some detail photos, in principle.

Does a crowdfunded/group buy of something like this count?

https://hum3d.com/3d-models/jaguar-d-type-1955/

Theoretically, maybe? For one, you have to be mindful of the license terms with those models and you also need to be sure they're not originally ripped from Forza (etc) as I've seen a fair few that have been.

Since that site offers a 'game ready' service (which I assume is essentially LODs?) I'd venture a guess that using it for an AC mod is ok in terms of the license. But it would still need a little bit of work to get it into proper condition. Financially speaking, $125 isn't bad at all... I've certainly spent more on less-useful things in my life. :unsure:

I find the crowd funding idea interesting and promising!

Since I'm only interested in pre-1975 cars in terms of Assetto Corsa, I'd like to help build such cars with attractive looks and serious driving physics. Unfortunately, I am not able to create an appropriate vehicle model in the required quality with a 3D design program. At hum3d there are some cars I really would like to have in AC (especially a 250 GT SWB, a Chapparal 2D or even a D-Type Jaguar) - so if it comes to such an action - I'm in!
Torsten

Toyota MR2 AW11a: 1985 and 1986

Love to see the following:
  • 3D model of original 1985/86 version: correct bumper + valence, Triangle rims, black triangle/no skirt or with skirt, correct engine vent, rear wing and hardtop.
    1664041986176.png
  • 3D model of original 1985/86 (Striper best for ES autoX), above, no rear wing, no sunroof
    1664042041219.png
  • Skin: 85: black bumper, rear wing
  • skin 86: body color bumper + rear wing
Been tweaking the suspension geometry, wheel rate, ride height on the downloaded Toyobart modified SC mod since I started on the Assetto Corsa journey, about Jan. 2021. Have/had 3 of those AW11. (My 86)Yes, the SC version is more well known and potent, but the na version is more "fun", I think. Dareks's Car Mods made some awesome looking SC, but not AW11a.

Pls let me know how you like my tweak. I think I got it to drive pretty good, i.e. responsive but forgiving.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years