The American Dream: Rossi's US GP F1 Debut

Hard to judge much due to the weather and track conditions but Alonso was in the top 10 lap times on Fridays FP1 and Button wasn't so maybe the engine upgrade is helping. I'm still uncertain if qualifying will happen this morning, it's still raining right now.
I also heard the rumor about Esteban.

I think anyone who watched the NBCSN feed knows it by now. Just glad it wasn't Rossi. :sleep:

I really hope they have a double header for you today. That's quite unusual, as you know. And stay safe in that weather. It's going to be like Woodstock out there today. (If Woodstock were attended by white collar protesters).

I'm impressed with McLaren, and Horner confirmed that they are indeed looking at Honda seriously, with Matchett backing it up. Maybe they will end up like all the "crazy" Mercedes buyers who got in at the right time...when they were a relative bargain.

1291426145716855980.jpg

That's the car they used for press events... So I expect the livery to be somehwat similar. ;)

Not so sure about that, did they change colors or is that a Manor B team? Their normal cars are red and white and these cars are not only different color and had different sponsors but also had Rubens Barrichello driving. There's an American flag on tail also.

Yeah that's the usual Marussia.

Not so sure about that, did they change colors or is that a Manor B team? Their normal cars are red and white and these cars are not only different color and had different sponsors but also had Rubens Barrichello driving. There's an American flag on tail also.
Where are u getting your info from mate ? Thats just the Manor car and it is definetly not driven by Barrichello. It does have a American flag though as its driven by the American Alexander Rossi.

O well, hope the weather improves a bit. Enjoy the race later on i will be watching it nice an dry on the telly :p

Where are u getting your info from mate ? Thats just the Manor car and it is definetly not driven by Barrichello. It does have a American flag though as its driven by the American Alexander Rossi.

O well, hope the weather improves a bit. Enjoy the race later on i will be watching it nice an dry on the telly :p

Assumptions it looks like.

Looking good, all that green wet stuff was coming from the left. Even the clouds are clearing up on the far left. Looking like a damp start and getting drier.

upload_2015-10-25_19-55-4.png

I already stated in this thread I was mistaken. What was confusing was that Manor was using the old paint scheme and new paint scheme during FP1 on Friday, and I had never seen the American flag on them before.

Turns out it was Raffaele Marciello driving one of the Manor cars during FP1, not Rubens Barrechello.

It was a fantastic race today, although a little chilly.

Drive of the season from Rossi yesterday. In a car five seconds off the pace in very challenging conditions in a high attrition race and he finished 12th and on the lead lap. Very impressed indeed

With the safety car festival of yesteday finishing in the lead lap was a matter of simply keeping the car going. And finishing 12 was finishing last.
He did good to not botch it and break the car in tricky conditions, but driver of the season... come on...

With the safety car festival of yesteday finishing in the lead lap was a matter of simply keeping the car going. And finishing 12 was finishing last.
He did good to not botch it and break the car in tricky conditions, but driver of the season... come on...

Meh, still an impressive drive. Remember that the Manor is one of the worst wet weather cars though. Five seconds behind is a dry pace. When it was inters or wets, the Manor is 7-8 seconds off the pace. Some of the safety car periods were under the virtual safety car period as well.

It was a good start to a possible long term career in F1 to finish at all is good to finish on the lead lap is great to finish in a respectable position is outstanding and Alex accomplished all 3

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%