Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

I think you will end up with a thick shielding. Using tape the cable remains thin and you can still route it through the channels of the aluminium frame. But feel free to test it and let us know.

I'm going to replace the whole servo power cable and compare EMI noise between that and the conductive tape method.

IMG_20191108_151734.jpg

About the 2DOF cockpit above. My understanding is that such a method does not feel realistic, due to the lack of g force. For example, in a real fighter, you do not feel the sensation of hanging upside down. or leaning over 90 degrees for extended periods. I've read some threads by those with lots of motion experience, that with VR, you just need a " suggestion of movement" which I hope my SFX will be able to do. I keep hearing that without real g forces, that less is more when it comes to sims? For example, a roll simulation with be accomplished by a quick tilt to the side, then a gentle "unnoticed" return to center to reset for the next movement.

So I replaced the power cable on one of my servos. EMI noise is almost gone.

See the video (beware it shows ALL steps replacing the cable). Where to cut, how to join new wires, short circuit test, powered motor test and EMI measurements.

And some photos that show better the colors of the wiring:
IMG_20191110_161209.jpg

IMG_20191110_161248.jpg

IMG_20191110_161319.jpg

The shielded power cable I used is from Ebay (no affiliation whatsoever):

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
I'm wondering if we can specify from the sellers on Aliexpress, that we want shielded cable.

I'm asking to see. Also, I posted this in the other thread for the SFX100:

Just an FYI to people ordering the Servos and Driver. They're on sale for 11/11 at Aliexpress at multiple vendors.

Master Jiang (this is the one recommended by the SFX100 team):

Supericreate (cheapest option, including shipping):

Steady CNC Machine (second cheapest option, including shipping):

I'm wondering if we can specify from the sellers on Aliexpress, that we want shielded cable.

I'm asking to see. Also, I posted this in the other thread for the SFX100:

Just an FYI to people ordering the Servos and Driver. They're on sale for 11/11 at Aliexpress at multiple vendors.

Master Jiang (this is the one recommended by the SFX100 team):

Supericreate (cheapest option, including shipping):

Steady CNC Machine (second cheapest option, including shipping):

You could ask them, but these are just sellers, you would have to convince the Servo Manufacturer to use shielded power cable in newly made servos.

Crap I linked the wrong thing.... :poop:

What about the alarm cables linked here

I'm not sure which European standard corresponds the 18AWG wires on the suggested cable I got here (USA seller):

Perhaps Google a unit converter for that.

How about some Open-hardware servo controller solution to match the FREE FlyPT mover motion software?

Not going to mention what can be used with. Take a wild guess...

IMG_20191118_151133.jpg

IMG_20191120_052023.jpg

here next to the fully loaded AMC-AASD15A (for size comparison)​

Complete details on Github for gerber, parts list, firmware:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline