Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Question: I have the SFX-100 actuators, 1: back-left, 2: front-left, 3: front-right, 4: back-right. With respect to the surge effect in simtools, is it correct that the direction of the actuators settings in Simtools is identical to the pitch effect (i.e. 2 and 3 are orange, 1 and 4 are black)? If I press the throttle, the nose seems to go down through surge, whereas with braking the nose is going up through surge. Is this normal? Pitch seems to be OK. According to this FAQ pitch and surge are indeed going in opposite direction (https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/which-way-to-set-simtool-axis-movements.230/). Am I missing something?

If anybody could share their settings for (e.g.,) Assetto Corsa, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Question: I have the SFX-100 actuators, 1: back-left, 2: front-left, 3: front-right, 4: back-right. With respect to the surge effect in simtools, is it correct that the direction of the actuators settings in Simtools is identical to the pitch effect (i.e. 2 and 3 are orange, 1 and 4 are black)? If I press the throttle, the nose seems to go down through surge, whereas with braking the nose is going up through surge. Is this normal? Pitch seems to be OK. According to this FAQ pitch and surge are indeed going in opposite direction (https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/which-way-to-set-simtool-axis-movements.230/). Am I missing something?

If anybody could share their settings for (e.g.,) Assetto Corsa, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Yes, its opposite, feel free to reverse the direction. The mixing tables in the manual are just for reference, the users should adjust them to their needs as it covers many different platforms, not only 100mm SFX100 rigs.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:

Thanks!

All of the axis directions vary by game. In the discord I have a zip with profiles to just drop in to your simtools folder. I also run the SFX100 so they are tuned for that.

Also on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32628578127.html
@Flag Ghost Any tips on how to wrap it best?
I wrapped it in a straight line / lengthwise Using short overlapping sections between a foot and 18”. Prep the wire by straightening it well, then put tension on it, lay other long edge of the tape section down carefully and straight, then slowly start working the tape around the wire top to bottom a little at a time. This is tedious at first but you will get the hang of it. Try to stretch the tape a bit as you wrap it to avoid wrinkles and overlap. It really helps if you secure one end of the wire section with something so you can hold the other placing tension on the wire while you do this. Good luck!

All of the axis directions vary by game. In the discord I have a zip with profiles to just drop in to your simtools folder. I also run the SFX100 so they are tuned for that.
Tim, I’m currently running the full SFX system bothe hardware and software. I’m contemplating switching to the Thanos controller at some point but am concerned with switching over to sim tools. Do you have experience with both? SFX has some very nice graphing for configuring the telemetry to output relationships, etc. How does sim tools compare for let’s say a typical 4 actuator SFX system plus single motor style belt tensioner? If anyone else knows please respond. Thanks.

Last edited:
The new baby monster from PT actuators
1572545523168.jpg

1572545288720.jpg

1572545327416.jpg

1572545438641.jpg

So only 200mm/s, pt website says 250mm/s. Do we have an official price? Why does Shao not have prices on his website yet? He is just creating more work for himself having to negotiate prices with everyone with a language barrier.

There is no limitation to get directly from PT-ACTUATOR if you like...

Very true. As was mentioned a little earlier, it would be helpful if PT could list the various kit prices directly on their site. I've already received a quote from Shao a little while back so I have a ballpark price. I'm just thinking that would make things easier for everyone in the future, unless PT are giving varying prices to each person.

Thanos, I have the AMC-AASD15 controller from PT with Blue metal case. How are you supposed to connect e-stop and park etc.. to this ? The terminal block is below the metal surface so you cant insert any wires ?

Thanos, I have a controller metal case. How are you supposed to connect e-stop and park etc.. to this ? The terminal block is below the metal surface so you cant insert any wires ?

Drill and install a panel mount 3.5mm audio connector like I do on my 3D printed enclosure.

IMG_20191101_074618.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to get my hands on one of these metal enclosures to show people where to drill and install a panel mount 3.5mm audio connector like I do on my 3D printed enclosure.

View attachment 332523
ok thanks. I will take mine apart, drill it and take some photos .

The momentary push button seems to be wired to the e-stop in parallel. Does a momentary closing of that red and orange wire activate park but when its kept closed by e-stop it knows its emergency and shuts off ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%