Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Couple of questions (Sorry if they have already been answered)
1. I received my AMC controller about three weeks ago, all is well, but the spike filter parameters are not the same as in the manual linked. I have "hard" "Semi-hard" " molasses" etc. for what I assume are presets? Nevermind... I dug deeper in the manual and it seems you do talk about this. See below comment
Any more or new documentation on the spike filters? I am getting WAAAAAY to much motion when traveling "off road" in my GT3 :)
2. I have seen mentioned in prior posts about PC software that will allow for remote parameter changes within the AMC? I cannot find links for this software (If it is available)?
3. Is there a thread or post of some good starting points for setting up the Spike Filter that allows communicative motion but reduces crash or off road spikes?

As always thanks for your help!
Brett Horton

Last edited:
Couple of questions (Sorry if they have already been answered)
1. I received my AMC controller about three weeks ago, all is well, but the spike filter parameters are not the same as in the manual linked. I have "hard" "Semi-hard" " molasses" etc. for what I assume are presets? Nevermind... I dug deeper in the manual and it seems you do talk about this. See below comment
Any more or new documentation on the spike filters? I am getting WAAAAAY to much motion when traveling "off road" in my GT3 :)
2. I have seen mentioned in prior posts about PC software that will allow for remote parameter changes within the AMC? I cannot find links for this software (If it is available)?
3. Is there a thread or post of some good starting points for setting up the Spike Filter that allows communicative motion but reduces crash or off road spikes?

As always thanks for your help!
Brett Horton

Hi Brett,

1. If you set correctly the spike filter and the motion profile, you may not need to adjust the Pulse Filter, and just leave it unfiltered for max performance and no latency. Read more on #3 below...

2. The AMC config tool that allows a remotely a few parameters, is a bit outdated and might not work well with the latest v2.20 firmware. I'm updating both AMC firmware and AMC config tool these days, should be released sometime next week.
AMC-Config-tool-v1_2_AASD.jpg

3. You should check the guide on SRS that has example settings for the spike filter and what they should be set to in SRS etc:
https://www.simracingstudio.com/forum/motion-profiles-actuator/actuator-setup-links

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
As requested before, I made a short video showing the power consumption of the AASD-15A servo system on a single actuator.

Standby, motion by test slider in SRS with speed limit and full speed unlimited.

Last edited:
Hunting ghost buttons or unexpected USB drops can be taunting. Just make sure to avoid creating ground loops on your power wiring, using single point ground as possible, and firewall your servos power behind a line filter to avoid spilling EMI noise back to your house mains power line.

View attachment 539153

Making a safe to handle power box containing all the above is highly suggested. Here an update on the power box, I managed to fit the switch, a meter and the line filter, all in the same 5-way electrical box:

The schematic for the above power box in the video:

View attachment 539241
how did you mount everything in the power box when adding the digital display?

New Firmware release for AMC-AASD15A

- Version 2.25 fix0
  • Added state machine for the LCD refresh to be performed only when needed.
  • Will display the state of the servos STANDBY or PARK immediately.
  • Improved the automated motion when not connected to the motion software.
  • Fixed a bug where a timer failed to restore affecting the colors of the LCD during online motion.

The firmware locations have changed with each different folders for each chip version (1280 or 2560), along the firmware update utility with presets for each chip.
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Latest_firmware

New Firmware release for AMC-AASD15A

- Version 2.25 fix0
  • Added state machine for the LCD refresh to be performed only when needed.
  • Will display the state of the servos STANDBY or PARK immediately.
  • Improved the automated motion when not connected to the motion software.
  • Fixed a bug where a timer failed to restore affecting the colors of the LCD during online motion.

The firmware locations have changed with each different folders for each chip version (1280 or 2560), along the firmware update utility with presets for each chip.
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Latest_firmware

Another fantastic update. Keep up the amazing work brother!

Hardware Spike Filter and why you need it!

Many users had this issue, where when they beam in the game on the track, if the vehicle is placed on inclination (roll or pitch), they get a violent jolt to that position instead of smoothly positioned. Some games even have random motion data while in menus and users have to power off their motion systems while navigating those. Not to mention the million unpredictable ways to crash in a race, from a head on crash to a sustained rollover off a cliff...

The servos are not forgiving regarding positioning themselves to where the motion tell them to. They will go to 300% peak torque and full throttle speeds if they are asked to. I had to add the hardware spike filter detection on the AMC controllers to avoid having customers with damaged rigs, or personal injuries. This hardware filter works by monitoring all incoming data, calculating the max allowable range of unrestricted motion, so it will allow low amplitude vibration and fast movements, but block high amplitude spikes in the motion data that will result on fast long strokes or very high amplitude vibration (that can be unpleasant). When activated, the spike filter sets a constant speed limit cap to the motors ability to move, using artificial control, so they follow slowly following the real-time motion data, waiting for the chance when all actuators are within safe limits, to switch over the motion to the real time data from the motion software.

This works great against all type of crashes on racing games, allowing fast recovery of the motion if the crash was minor and the driver wants to resume the race. But also useful for flight sims. See this Stewart 6DOF during a crash, where he was using FlyPT without the hardware spike filter enabled. It literally shook the whole house!!! Thank god for these bungee cords that held it in place!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back