Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Is this a different controller to the thanos controller with the rgb screen? So much too learn.

Can i buy this and is it better for me than the other. Sorry for asking probably stupid questions but we all learn from somewhere lol

The Thanos4U is a more plug and play version of AMC-AASD15A, it lacks RGB LCD with the menu interface, but makes up by integrating the settings right into SRS App interface.

The Thanos4U for 4 actuators, but SRS supports two of them at the same time to support up to 8 actuators... if you just have 4 actuators you can get a Thanos4U now, and a second later if you decide to upgrade to more axis (TL, surge etc...)..

You can find it here:
https://www.thanos-motion.com/products/thanos-4-u/

There is a video on that page with more details about it.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
The Thanos4U is a more plug and play version of AMC-AASD15A, it lacks RGB LCD with the menu interface, but makes up by integrating the settings right into SRS App interface.

The Thanos4U for 4 actuators, but SRS supports two of them at the same time to support up to 8 actuators... if you just have 4 actuators you can get a Thanos4U now, and a second later if you decide to upgrade to more axis (TL, surge etc...)..

You can find it here:
https://www.thanos-motion.com/products/thanos-4-u/

There is a video on that page with more details about it.

Thanks
Thanos
Ive watched the video and have a full understanding of it now thank you.

Cant wait to get me one.

Using 4 verical actuator on common aluminum profile rigs is easy, but what if you can make a 6 actuator Stewart type rig, all using profiles?? Even the actuators?

Would you like some free plans? Check this out:

Also if you are interested in any of the other items on the Departed Reality, like parts for the DIY actuators, you can use the code "THANOS2022" for 15% off...

Thanks
Thanos

Awesome product sir!
I do have a question,
Just received my setup from e-racing (RS150 including your controller)
Every time I turn on my Fanatec DD1, the motion rig falls from park to the floor, then return back to park. Power is not lost throughout the process... Any thoughts?

Awesome product sir!
I do have a question,
Just received my setup from e-racing (RS150 including your controller)
Every time I turn on my Fanatec DD1, the motion rig falls from park to the floor, then return back to park. Power is not lost throughout the process... Any thoughts?

Hi,

You should connect the AMC-AASD15A on it's own directly on a USB port on the back of the PC, or via a USB powered hub. And use another port for the Fanatec DD1 so there is no conflict.

Also make sure to use Line filter on the power of the servos, and proper management to prevert ground loops. See this video where I explain the possible issues and how to remedy:

Rgr, It is on it's own USB specifically on the back of my PC.
Also, When I start Assetto Corsa for the first time (only) the rig drops to the floor from park (I have very low at this point to help prevent damage) then resets and functions as expected.
Thoughts?
Thanks for the support sir!

I am not, sorry should have been more specific
SimTools

Check if Reset-EN trace is cut on the AMC-AASD15A controller, and make sure there is no other program in the background that scan COM ports (Simhub, ultimate Cura etc).

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_062716.jpg
    IMG_20200719_062716.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 70
Hunting ghost buttons or unexpected USB drops can be taunting. Just make sure to avoid creating ground loops on your power wiring, using single point ground as possible, and firewall your servos power behind a line filter to avoid spilling EMI noise back to your house mains power line.

Line Filter wiring for servos.jpg

Making a safe to handle power box containing all the above is highly suggested. Here an update on the power box, I managed to fit the switch, a meter and the line filter, all in the same 5-way electrical box:

The schematic for the above power box in the video:

Power Box with meter schematic.jpg

Last edited:
Hunting ghost buttons or unexpected USB drops can be taunting. Just make sure to avoid creating ground loops on your power wiring, using single point ground as possible, and firewall your servos power behind a line filter to avoid spilling EMI noise back to your house mains power line.

View attachment 539153

Making a safe to handle power box containing all the above is highly suggested. Here an update on the power box, I managed to fit the switch, a meter and the line filter, all in the same 5-way electrical box:

The schematic for the above power box in the video:

View attachment 539241
You are the man, thank you! Assembling mine tonight

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline