Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Err why, as its expandable, just need to buy the right size :)
Pull it over the connections to the point of cabling between them.

You still need to tie it to the servo drive ground screw via a short cable (zip tie on the shielding sleeve).

IMG_20191104_053711.jpg

Ok, I have managed to use my cheap portable DSO201 oscilloscope to detect the 10Khz EMI noise on the power cable of the AASD-15A servomotor, and I'm showing on this video what is the difference when you cover it with conductive tape connected to the ground screw on the drive, and that the conductive tape doesn't work if you don't ground it properly:

I agree, if you don't need the quick connect aviation type plug, you might as well just replace the whole motor power cable with a shielded cable like this:

Cant see the diameter, and I want it to be a black cable
( the original power cable is unshielded but the encoder is shielded )

Ok, I have managed to use my cheap portable DSO201 oscilloscope to detect the 10Khz EMI noise on the power cable of the AASD-15A servomotor, and I'm showing on this video what is the difference when you cover it with conductive tape connected to the ground screw on the drive, and that the conductive tape doesn't work if you don't ground it properly:

Excellent video and Interesting.

Take a look and see if this hifi based company in the products it offers are worth considering.
They offer shielded cables but also ferrite filters and even braided sleeving.

Some of these may not be cheap options but I would expect things like their ferrite filters to be better than the cheapo ones sold on ebay.

It would be interesting to see tests with shielded cables.
I have some of their products purchased for my tactile/cabling installation and quality is excellent.

Last edited:
Excellent video and Interesting.

Take a look and see if this hifi based company in the products it offers are worth considering.
They offer shielded cables but also ferrite filters and even braided sleeving.

Some of these may not be cheap options but I would expect things like their ferrite filters to be better than the cheapo ones sold on ebay.

I can't comment for the ferrite or the braided sleeving, but the AC power cables they have, won't work in this case. They are only three wires and we need four wires. Don't connect the shield as ground, it will minimize the effectivenes and also in case of an incident you need a solid wire to path any leaks from the motor...

Also did you see how much they cost per meter???? Nope....

nope.gif

You can find with black sleeve if you search a bit more:

Thanos, you are the man with the inside line on these things. Is this something you might discuss with Shao and perhaps see if he might look into using these types of cabling in his future packages?

I think people would be happy to pay the extra expense that Shao would incur so that they could have a more trouble free experience, especially those without the electrical/electronics knowledge and skills that you have.

I can't comment for the ferrite or the braided sleeving, but the AC power cables they have, won't work in this case. They are only three wires and we need four wires. Don't connect the shield as ground, it will minimize the effectivenes and also in case of an incident you need a solid wire to path any leaks from the motor...

Also did you see how much they cost per meter???? Nope....

View attachment 333333

Thats funny, although have you seen how much people spend on some of their hardware.
Yes I fully expect cheaper alternatives are available but wanted to highlight some of the options, that company offers. Being Hifi based (of course some are not cheap).
Thanks for clarification

Thanos, you are the man with the inside line on these things. Is this something you might discuss with Shao and perhaps see if he might look into using these types of cabling in his future packages?

I think people would be happy to pay the extra expense that Shao would incur so that they could have a more trouble free experience, especially those without the electrical/electronics knowledge and skills that you have.

There are already been discussions with the AASD-15 Servo manufacturer for using shielded power cables for new orders. Same should apply on other manufacturers like Syntron etc. These servo manufacturers primarily deliver their products for use in industrial environment, where EMI is of little concern, but due demand we can influence the improvement of these products for safe home or gaming use as we intent using them in this community.

So yes, progress in being made.

Last edited:
Thats funny, although have you seen how much people spend on some of their hardware.
Yes I fully expect cheaper alternatives are available but wanted to highlight some of the options, that company offers. Being Hifi based (of course some are not cheap).
Thanks for clarification

4-5 time more expensive is not worth it and probably are same quality. But I agree. People spend thousands for their gaming systems (computers, steering wheels, pedals, software, cockpits etc), yet they like cheap DIY motion ... go figure.

It is just a 2 DOF pitch and roll, but the cockpit has some others interesting features like seat belt tensioners, etc. The interesting part of the video is the big angles for pitch and roll that you could get with this approach. Just 2 motors, combined that with other servo motors and you could get a 6 DOF with almost no actuators. I am thinking something similar in concept but not so extreme like the Kraken. See video:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%