Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Price was for just the 4x actuators and 4in1 MDbox servo driver.(PT16 kit, Quoted $4970, but offer me a special new customer price of $4650 delivered. This price did not include Thanos controller cost)
Was the 150mm with 250mms speed. (PT16)
Hi, buddy, the quotation for mdbox is different hardware configuration like aasd, sfx 100 uses the servos from aasd, and , the quotation which I share for you is mdbox, high ends, commercial applications. anyway, the acutaotrs themselves are the same quality, whatever aasd and mdbox, please don't just stare at price , but take a deepen details check from our recommendations, pt-actuators is a factory that covered the heavy duty industrial quality, that's why mega monster PT16 always shown robust and never dead in its service life~ thanks for your attention on my team.

It was about 4 or 5months ago and I can see it was older PT16 kit version and included the 4in1 MDbox servo driver, but no 5th TL actuator that is included now or the Thanos controller.
At the time I looked into the PT price and 4dof kit the newer designed controller was not yet made, so was older version, I think price qouted was about $560 without shipping.
I'd love to have bought PT 4dof kit because its ready to go once buy Thanos controller, but price was way beyond my means. But is an amazing deal compared to other far overpriced 4dof kits from Well known business companies.
Hi, buddy, we now have many hardware options to make a flexible choosen to your motion rigs, even 2dof, cheapest solution, and leave one foot leg not move....all the actions we did are hot pursue to achive the guy who had motion sim dreams... high ends, but price on fair... if you had the time , you can check our website, updatings... from 2dof ~ 4dof with TL, we even provide 7dof, 6dof with another rotation basement, thus to simulate the helicoper nose out of control emergency status.... we aimed to provide motorized solutions, flexbile plans, smart actions, and enjoy the spirit of life by motions! Thanks for your attention on pt-actuator, we will try working more hard ----Shao, today's work tomorrow's world.

@cfischer9009 @wajdi The main reason I haven't posted profiles also is that the actuator directions actually also vary by plugin / Game. When I initially set up the rig I was going back and forth between the Simfeedback and the AMC and so I have twist ties around my parallel cables to ensure that my software profiles work. But then for example Assetto Corsa and RF2 in simtools have sway going in the opposite direction as well as the pitch/roll seem to be quite different intensity (in RF2 it is easier for pitch/roll to overpower TL/Sway). Therefore I think it is potentially more valuable to just list general guidelines for tuning your own setup as opposed to a file that wont necessarily work if you plug it straight in. Then another thing is that you have to select an 'advanced' axis profile to get anti rollover for IL2 which seems to play havoc with the other profiles when going back and forth. So I might scrap everything and start again building only 'advanced' profiles.

On the points Wajdi made around axis percentage allocations. Based on my experimentation if you start working with the 'boundary' setting it may actually make sense to have quite high axis allocations in order to tune with the boundaries active where you want them.

Hi all. I'm in!
My AMC controller should arrive Monday.. My dual Purpose flight / race cockpit is not yet ready, but I have finished my SFX100 actuators last weekend, and have the servo drivers, and transducer amps in a 12U server rack. I'm going all out with Pro Simtech P-2 race pedals, DD wheel, Slaw RX rudder pedals, WinWing F18 joystick and throttle, and a Diagma Yoke. I will also be adding a fan setup. My big reason for leaving Simfeedback is the lack of support, and developer interest in the flight sim side of things. The AMC should eliminate this worry?

I'll join the controller discord right away.

Hi all. I'm in!
My AMC controller should arrive Monday.. My dual Purpose flight / race cockpit is not yet ready, but I have finished my SFX100 actuators last weekend, and have the servo drivers, and transducer amps in a 12U server rack. I'm going all out with Pro Simtech P-2 race pedals, DD wheel, Slaw RX rudder pedals, WinWing F18 joystick and throttle, and a Diagma Yoke. I will also be adding a fan setup. My big reason for leaving Simfeedback is the lack of support, and developer interest in the flight sim side of things. The AMC should eliminate this worry?

I'll join the controller discord right away.

Simtools supports many flight and racing titles and has great support. I'm sure you will have fun with this.

Just to let US based members, there is a way to power the drives from 110v instead of using power converters from 110v to 220v...

It simple as setting Pn083=100
The Pn083 is the undervoltage alarm and should be set 10v or 20v lower than the working voltage. So by setting that to 100v you are able to power the AASD-15A with 110v US power directly.

And some bonus good news for US based members, powering it with 110v lowers the whining noise in half because of the lower voltage swing of the PWM inside the drive if you have good ground connection. Tested and verified... :cool:

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Just to let US based AASD-15A owners, there is a way to power the drives from 110v instead of using power converters from 110v to 220v...
I have nice power converter for sale. Still in the box. Rofl
That's a great news! Thank you.

powering it with 110v lowers the whining noise in half because of the lower voltage swing of the PWM inside the drive. Tested and verified
Also, when 110v plug is used there is a ground (earth) on pin3, with 220v plug a service ground is provided instead.

Just to let US based AASD-15A owners, there is a way to power the drives from 110v instead of using power converters from 110v to 220v...

It simple as setting Pn083=100
The Pn083 is the undervoltage alarm and should be set 10v or 20v lower than the working voltage. So by setting that to 100v you are able to power the AASD-15A with 110v US power directly.

Is there a setting like this for the MDBOX servo driver for the pt-actuators? I am looking through the manual but can't seem to find anything...

Also, when 110v plug is used there is a ground (earth) on pin3, with 220v plug a service ground is provided instead.

Exactly, and there will be less chances for issues like leaking voltage from the 220v ground to the local equipment ground that is used by the PC and its peripherals (USB devices etc)

Is there a setting like this for the MDBOX servo driver for the pt-actuators? I am looking through the manual but can't seem to find anything...

Nope... the manual mentions only 220v voltage on L1 L2 with -15% to +10% fluctuation ...

It has an undervoltage threshold and alarm parameters but they don't match between two points in the manual they are mentioned.

If you can, check and write down the values you have on these parameter:
Fn 0D0 (threshold?)
Fn 0D1 (threshold?)
Fn 0D2 (alarm)

I will try it later on my unit...

Last edited:
Does the high pitch whine have any relation to EMI or are the two completely unrelated? Was hoping if I could manage to reduce this whine it may help with my tracking issues I am having with my Index.

UK-based SFX-100 user here, plagued by EMI disconnections and badly affected by coil whine to the point of madness.
Just catching up with recent developments here, and if I'm reading this right then i can operate my SFX-100 with a 220v-110v step-down transformer and reduce EMI issues AND reduce the coil whine?
Sounds too good to be true. Both of these issues mean that I've not been using the SFX as much as I'd like to, so anything that can help to reduce them would be fantastic.

UK-based SFX-100 user here, plagued by EMI disconnections and badly affected by coil whine to the point of madness.
Just catching up with recent developments here, and if I'm reading this right then i can operate my SFX-100 with a 220v-110v step-down transformer and reduce EMI issues AND reduce the coil whine?
Sounds too good to be true. Both of these issues mean that I've not been using the SFX as much as I'd like to, so anything that can help to reduce them would be fantastic.

Hmm, This hasn't been tested before. I could give it a try on my setup, feed it from my 220v power line to the step down converter I have (the power converter I have can do both up and down conversion) and feed 110v to the AASD-15A...

But give me a few days. The garage I have the 220v line and equipment in, gets 120F during daytime (really hot summer here) and doesn't cool down until early in the morning... So the testing window is very limited...

But to give my honest opinion, I think this will only reduce the whining noise, not the EMI intensity. The EMI noise is very tricky to solve and in the case of the SFX100 it just conduit via the unfiltered arduino circuit... It essentially uses the USB connection to act like antenna. Sorry its not my design and I wish I could help more with that. I solved these issues on my controller by implementing filtered circuit design.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Hmm, This hasn't been tested before. I could give it a try on my setup, feed it from my 220v power line to the step down converter I have (the power converter I have can do both up and down conversion) and feed 110v to the AASD-15A...

But give me a few days. The garage I have the 220v line and equipment in, gets 120F during daytime (really hot summer here) and doesn't cool down until early in the morning... So the testing window is very limited...

But to give my honest opinion, I think this will only reduce the whining noise, not the EMI intensity. The EMI noise is very tricky to solve and in the case of the SFX100 it just conduit via the unfiltered arduino circuit... It essentially uses the USB connection to act like antenna. Sorry its not my design and I wish I could help more with that. I solved these issues on my AMC-AASD15A controller by implementing filtered circuit design.

Thanks
Thanos
Thanks very much for testing this. TBH the coil whine is what kills the SFX100 for me, I'm one of the few who gets badly affected by it. The EMI disconnections can probably be solved a number of ways but if I can reduce the coil whine to something acceptable (to me) then I'd be a very happy camper, as all other attempts to reduce it have proved fruitless.
Looking forward to your results, and thanks again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%