Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

The Thanos controller is now available with metal enclosure option.

IMG_20240124_055442.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great but is it purely decorative or is there an advantage to the metal enclosure over the acrylic ie EMI?

It can help a bit with EMI, especially if you keep the controller in the same rack as the servo drives.

But there are other more important things to watch for, like floating grounds or ground loops... see these videos:

Improved the Thanos Motion Test utility a bit.. as requested added more sliders, to possibly use it to pose your rig in certain ways for actuator maintenance perhaps.

It's available now on my Github

all_sliders.jpg

And a quick video showing it in action:

Hi everyone, just got my eracing lab actuators. And when they rise they are not level. Either the front left is lower or the front right (i have 4 actuators). Even when i switch them off, one of them wont retract all the way. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Hi everyone, just got my eracing lab actuators. And when they rise they are not level. Either the front left is lower or the front right (i have 4 actuators). Even when i switch them off, one of them wont retract all the way. Any ideas what might be causing this?
Did you try contacting eracing-lab about this issue? I'm sure they will be glad to assist. They are fast in the support they offer.

I always wanted to build a hexapod with rotary actuators, but never got around it lacking the metal work equipment and space. But I found one on local sale, just as I got a larger workshop space. Despite some superficial scratches from storage and transport, it's very solid and unbelievably heavy... usually these need to be anchored on the floor, but I don't think it's a problem with this one.

After adding some high misalignment spacers on the ball bearing joints, it's mechanically super quiet, err almost, as it needs a bit of lubricant.

Here you can see the high misalignment spacers (from auto parts).

And here is the cockpit that came with the hexapod, almost complete... even has an VR headset along.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back