F1 2010 Thank God No TCS Is Done

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Finally after around 12 hours of practicing i have finally got the hang of driving with no TCS i always used to drive with no ABS but the traction was getting me everytime.

After laps and laps of crying and feeling suicidal i finally have it nailed down now its time to race properly the heartache of using a controller and trying to get the hang of TCS off was heartbreaking to say the least but im proud to say i have finally done it.

So bring on my career mode on expert again with all aids off next all i need to learn is manual gears which is never going to happen and then there will be more tears shed.

Anyway back to the long grind that is practice lol

• kobayashi4TW

Nice work - 2 seconds is huge. You said realistic though, but they have TC in the cars these days. Not ABS though. I think I might have a go at it today

I think you're wrong on that one, the F1 cars this season have no TC. In saying that I am still far from taking off TCS, I need to learn the tracks first still only on my first season.

Well there must be something wrong with my version of the game....I have traction control turned off in the difficulty menu and can almost keep my foot planted to the ground all the time out of corners without any problem. I have it set to the hardest level...I would hate to try it with TC ON>.would be like a train on rails.

Traction control was banned from F1 for the 2008 season, so they don't have it in 2010. In F1 2010 there is a little too much grip and traction on the cars to be sure, but they are still twitchy out of corners. F1 cars in real life, as anybody who watches them can see are usually faster out of corners, around corners and with shorter braking distances than can be done in game, so while in some areas the game is too forgiving in other areas the cars in game are underperforming. With all the aids off and with fuel/tyre sim on it feels like my car in game has double the braking distance of a real F1 car, i was absolutely blown away by how late the F1 cars were braking at the end of 130R at suzuka, i had to brake so much earlier in the game.

Ferrari virtual academy, their commercially available simulator is a good benchmark and even in that you can get on the throttle quite early and aggresively, while its challenging to drive i think people underestimate the actual performance, grip and traction of an F1 car. And while i agree F1 2010 is obviously easier to drive, it is at the end of the day a game made for the mass market of F1 fans, and not for the hardcore sim racer who thinks he is michael schumacher.

If you drive aggresively enough with F1 2010 and TC off i fail to see how you wont spin as i know i have, i would say i have had the backend flying out more often on F1 2010 than i have on some of the more popular F1 sims/mods.

the way i see it, theres not much difference in a good quali lap time bewteen a TCS and a non TCS lap. But in a race you can lap consistantly quicker in a car with TCS on as you havent got to worry about the consequences of spinning. Try the same pace lap after lap without TCS and your gonna spin. I hate aids grrr, it gets you out of so much trouble is unbelivable (unrealistic) ! :)

Can i also just add. Even when F1 cars did have Traction control theres no way the drivers just planted their foots to the floor out of corners, TCS was only 'helping' but was no guarantee that you wouldnt spin out if you got on the power to early. TCS on F1 2010 is way OTT.

Chris Rees, i really dont think that with TCS on you will get a better lap time without TCS (that is if u are used to it already)
Unfortunately my 360 disc got screwed up .. and not able to play anymore. So playing on my laptop with keyboard ( i aint kidding ) even with keyboard, i notice that if i get the turns right there is a whole new different level of acceleration out of the corners.
So for the ppl who are fortunate to own and drive with a wheel.. i envy them...
But TCS off is def. faster for me...

I was playing last night and the launch some guy was getting out of the hairpins at Korea was immense, would be hard to match it without TCS on. I only beat him because he wasnt as good through the techincal sections.

• elargento

i thought i was alone in the world of tcs, i bought a wheel a couple of weeks ago and i only activated manual gears, (mainly 'cause i was frustrated from previous experiences witouth tcs on a game). i am triyng to play the second season without any aids, but it seems to be too hard for me, if you have any tip that may improve the learning curve of a noob like me i would apreciate it very much.

I would say practice is a big factor. I picked it up fairly easy as ive always played games without aids ie.. Forza 3 etc but even so this was a learning curve. Im only now just about confident with hacking it out of most corners and doing race distances without spinning etc..

My techinque in general (and has always been since playing Forza) for using no TCS is use half throttle out of corners until the car is pretty much in a straight line. I was monitoring my feet the other night while playing F1 and it appears i still use this method. Even at half throttle theres plenty of punch, just a far smaller likelyhood of spinning.

tried to drive by keyboard not wheels then it will be more thrill, wish i can affort to buy g 27, in my country it will cost me abt Ringgit malaysia 1400.00 fuhh. it realy anoying when you can feels what other gamers played the game by using simulation or g 27 wheel.

yes fahad, yes i agree with you, with keyboard it's no fun at all, you are from malaysia also right, i manage to find that g27 wheel in kl but it cost Rm 1399.00 wow that too much, anyway which part of malaysia are you from, me i'm from Johor

I tried doing no TC at bahrain, managed it for a few corners, gradually adding power as i throttled down out of the corners then when safely through i hammered it down.

Was succesful for a few corners but the gamepad triggers made it very tough to find the sweet spot, going to get a wheel very soon.

Dont see how people find manual hard, I have never ran auto gears ever since i started with a very old motorbike game (man that was a lot of fun)

@abd rahman - im from KL.. if you need g27.. come down to kl.. i can get your for better price..

@jason - some ppl manual a bit hard cause they haven't played it in tat mode yet.. even when i started f12010.. i had to adjust a bit to the techniques .. even though i play most of the racing games on manual..
so for a person who has never played manual.. its kinda hard to quickly adjust to manual shifting in f12010

yep realy, i will let you know the secret through email my email is content removed.

Mod edit:
Please do not post personal information such as email addresses in the forum. If you want somebody to contact you by email, please send them a private message containing your email address.

Finally after around 12 hours of practicing i have finally got the hang of driving with no TCS i always used to drive with no ABS but the traction was getting me everytime.

After laps and laps of crying and feeling suicidal i finally have it nailed down now its time to race properly the heartache of using a controller and trying to get the hang of TCS off was heartbreaking to say the least but im proud to say i have finally done it.

So, was that on a wet track? I was running without TCS until I hit Monaco in a heavy rain. Effing AI seems to floor it out of the corners, but I couldn't seem to idle around a corner without spinning out.

Anywho, contragts. Even dry tracks without TCS are a real challenge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back