General Texture Issue when loading the car after editing it

Hello people!
I'm trying to mod the vanilla M3 E92 (PERSONAL USE) and I want to make a turbo version with 700hp, slicks and manual transmission.

I want to add and delete some car pieces, like removing the logos, wipers, paddles on steering, change wheels, add a roll-cage... But when I try and delete something and load the car a lot of errors related with textures and materials and the game goes back to the menu...
Is there a way to fix this?
I open the model in 3DSimED3 and then export it to Blender, then I delete and add objects...

Thanks in advance!

Hello people!
I'm trying to mod the vanilla M3 E92 (PERSONAL USE) and I want to make a turbo version with 700hp, slicks and manual transmission.

I want to add and delete some car pieces, like removing the logos, wipers, paddles on steering, change wheels, add a roll-cage... But when I try and delete something and load the car a lot of errors related with textures and materials and the game goes back to the menu...
Is there a way to fix this?
I open the model in 3DSimED3 and then export it to Blender, then I delete and add objects...

Thanks in advance!
The use of 3DSimED3 is not recommended because this app is not able to export the model AND settings correctly.

Greets After_Midnight

What do you mean with that?
I'm a bit short ATM :D
He simply means Kunos do not allow anyone to modify there content and then release it, its simply frowned upon by them and the community, so its not officially supported,

but may I ask why you would open it inside 3dsimed and then export it to blender ?
3dsimed saves kn5 also and removes parts, makes no sense using multiple tools when the one works just fine :p

He simply means Kunos do not allow anyone to modify there content and then release it, its simply frowned upon by them and the community, so its not officially supported,

but may I ask why you would open it inside 3dsimed and then export it to blender ?
3dsimed saves kn5 also and removes parts, makes no sense using multiple tools when the one works just fine :p
I dont know 3DSimED as much as Blender... I was trying and trying and trying in 3DSimED and then I went to Blender and I did everything I wanted...

And... I don't want to release it, just do what Kunos doesn't do for myself!

Thanks!

Try editing all LODs out of lods.ini, they load texture/materials out of the main kn5 so if you modify it so they don't match the game will fail while loading lods unless you modify them too.

Try editing all LODs out of lods.ini, they load texture/materials out of the main kn5 so if you modify it so they don't match the game will fail while loading lods unless you modify them too.
Well what I did is deleted the other LODs except the main one, and then delete them too in the .ini just leaving there the Cockpit HR switch and the main LOD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 384 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%