Texture doesn't export

Hi all,

I made a simple model with a texture applied - 'Bridgestone' in the attached pic. I exported it, it worked fine in RF. I then loaded an XPack made by someone else, and added one object from this. I exported the track. My original model will still export, and appear in RFactor, but the Bridgestone texture has changed to a blank blue colour. Anyone know what might cause this? The texture is a .jpg, not a .dds. Thanks alot.

ak_texprob_btb.jpg

Check size of the texture (powers of 2) again. I always use .dds and never had problems like that. But for e.g. trees or banners (something like flat faces) I discovered that checking "double sided" and "render normals up" for materials in xpacks works much better. Maybe try this too.

My question was more to do with why would importing another xpack affect one that I made that was previoulsy working fine? (ie I already set textures sizes, double sided, etc). Can't work out what the problem is! Unless textures somehow are named the same?

Thanks alot Kyle - that's solved it - exactly what my problem was. The Bridgestone jpg was called bridge~1.jpg. I loaded a bridge model in from another xpack and it had the same name! I renamed my jpg, re exported my XPack, and it worked just fine. Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%