Testing some settings from my Race 07 research

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
Some images from testing what different lights and materials settings look like in GTR2
I use the HQ Donington as base, just adjusting lights in different ways here.

gtr2temp4.jpg
gtr2temp3.jpg
gtr2temp5.jpg

As I have no more intention to update my old hq2020 physics (well I spent 5 years to improve them so I think they've reached final version now), for next HQ Anniversary Patch 15.1 (available on 14/02/21) I decided to let AndreasFSC full liberty to make HQ2021 physics :)

As I have no more intention to update my old hq2020 physics (well I spent 5 years to improve them so I think they've reached final version now), for next HQ Anniversary Patch 15.1 (available on 14/02/21) I decided to let AndreasFSC full liberty to make HQ2021 physics :)
Oh boy, interesting times ahead.
I'm struggling to find time to play all the great sims we have old and new atm, there's just so much fun to be had.
This may indeed be a new golden age.

...just kidding.
1. Tyre values for ai cars are as close as possible to player car values.
2. Ai physics 'cheating' is reduced as much as possible. Ai torque stab is reduced, damper calculating values increased, + some more useful various tweaks. The result is less ai floating and strange sliding. I "invented" this treatment for my super touring cars in Race 07. Was happy with how the ai driving looked, so tried the same thing on other mods too. Then I was curious if it would work in GTR2 too.

Last edited:
Very interesting!
Do you think it is possible to somehow simulate the gearbox 'flexing' when shifting up?
There are some people with race mechanic experience here, I'll see if I can find someone with a little bit more insight :thumbsup:
Man, you dream big :) However, that might be possible. My current attack is flat spots. For that, I want to go via suspension, because that way tire damage will be felt in transducers/motion. If that fail, I'll just add fake FFB (I already implemented stationary friction), but fingers crossed it can be done through suspension.

If I can affect suspension, then flex is possible. We have to be very careful with perf, game is horrendously CPU bound... but anyway.

Are you analyzing telemetry/data? As part of this effort there's a lot of data analysis required, and someone good with analyzing graphs etc will be a big help :)

Let's take it privately from here on.

Last edited:
The car models (in edited form) are part of FRM TOURING CARS & FRM SUPER TOURING

1613132364013.png

I gave permission for a conversion, but I think the permission was handed over one or two times, and the models ended up being part of something a little bit different that I had thought.
It was the same thing with the rfactor1 and the rfactor2 versions.
As a modder myself I understand the desire to build upon and develop things, but it is also some mixed feelings when loosing control of my own work that I have spent so much time making.
I always wanted the conversions to be as close as possible to what I had made, because that was the "composition". It was almost like sending your child to a photographer and then receive a photoshopped picture resembling a mix of the child and someone else ;)

That may be a reason to make a limited conversion to GTR2 myself, but on the other hand, the more versions that are out, the more "illegal" half made or bad conversions to other games without any permission at all (Assetto Corsa, Automobilista1).:unsure:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years