Test race - Paul Ricard HTTT PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure i had any lag in the formation lap but i agree with the rest that it was simply too slow,and we did know of it as it was told in briefing.
Only lag i had was first lap out on the long back straight...2-3 seconds all cars disapere but nothing else after that except a few cars with higher ping that was bouncing abit but no problems...
THIS race must have been the best i've ever had....the first 30 minutes fighting with Rickard Norgren,Tim Hoogendorn,Kristoffer Larsson and then Mikael Larsson and Gregory Cogotti joined in aswell....damn it was tight but super fair....i know i tapped Rickard in the back at one time but he stayed in full control...sry Rickard :) and also hit Tim at one point,that was a little harder and im sorry but it was a small mistake from me and absolutly no intention to push :)
After 90 minutes racing me and Rickard cross the finish 0.2 seconds apart.
Can't wait for the season to start.I think most if not all sport behaved absolutly perfect,and with some patience there was no problems lapping them.
Great race all and grats to Marcin for beeing too fast for the rest.
Thx Staff for giving us these races.

Same issue this race as last for me. Some of the GT Pro just need to calm down when lapping us GT Sport.
I have to say the same about a few GTS cars tonight. Passing at the very end at a straight on the inside make the turn a little harder to take and of course in a slower speed. When I passed one car he didn't seem to give up and bumped into me mid corner. It turned out well this time.
Otherwise it was a matter of just pick a good spot to pass them and noone else gave a any problems at all. Thanks!
My race then? Almost missed the quali! Into the server, pick setup and do a fast lap!? Sure! :D Got 14th and it was satisfying anyway.
In the race I started to climb and the car felt quite good tonight. Had some good fights :)
I forgot to calculate the fuel consumption and made it by 2 laps in warmup. Turned out to be just a little wrong :) In the end I had to slow down and waited for the leader to pass to drive a lap short :) That was the trick, but i lost 2 spots and finished 6th.

And yes, we was a lucky pack there Mikael :D

Good race :) Congrats to Marcin and Rami.

Qualify didn't go so well. Made a mistake in the last corner and lost lots of time. Still 5th wasn't so bad.

Apart from the few lag spikes on the formation lap the start of the race went good. Passed my teammate pretty quickly, though a bit unintentionally :D. Then I was following Marcin, Rami and Mike for a while. Caught Mike and had a nice battle with him, which sadly ended a bit prematurely when he got caught in the gt sport pile up. Then it was just cruising home in third as I wasn't catching Rami and was pulling away from everyone behind me. Nothing else really happened until the very last lap when I had a small spin causing me to cut a corner and get a stop n go penalty. Luckily had enough of a gap to do the penalty and still finish in third :). Had no real problems with lapping in the race, though a few times I could have been a bit more cautious.

I also missed the briefing in TS because I thought the server was empty because I couldn't see anyone there or our team channel. Was very confusing. And yea, should have read the forum, but sometimes you just don't remember or are busy doing other stuff :). Luckily I read the briefing thread earlier so I wasn't totally in the dark.

It is a problem though, GT Pro drivers driving same speed or slower then the faster GT Sport cars and I think a rule should be implemented.

Drivers in GT Pro who drive slower or same speed as GT Sport cars for one race will not be allowed to race pro again and will have to do sport, for example.

Would make it much cleaner for the GT Sport cars up front as racing GT Pro car is quite annoying and if a GT Pro driver is driving that slow he simply should be driving in GT Sport IMO.

I also agree.

Now as spectator, the race was brilliant, and there was fights all around. Specially the fight for P5 was outstanding. I was like OMG...

So looks like there was not significative lag at all, or at least it was as in a normal race with 20 cars, so it is great to know.

I also missed the briefing in TS because I thought the server was empty because I couldn't see anyone there or our team channel. Was very confusing. And yea, should have read the forum, but sometimes you just don't remember or are busy doing other stuff :). Luckily I read the briefing thread earlier so I wasn't totally in the dark.

It is OK, at the end it was only a Test Race, but it is important aswell.

@ Damian: I agree with you in the slower GT Pro cars problem... we will sort something out to solve it.

Neil, so sorry about that bump
no worries m8, for me this was just a run out to test a car that i had hardly looked at before on a track that i thought was boring as hell to practice on but once i got racing on it it was not too bad, got to like the car and track was growing on me.

I have asked Andrew if he still has the old leaderboards for us to look at as the new ones do not contain enough data to compare laps times, but if i recall there is usually a 10 to 15 second gap between pro and sport per lap but the gap from sport to club is only around 4 to 5 seconds per lap so it would mean less problems with lapping per track.

David you know I know all this and in any official race we don't do anything at all wrong in terms of what's required, so no need to explain about it..... It was a test race, ts is not setup and is slightly different now which confused our guys, which is not our fault and I said something in formation lap about speeding up pace car as it was becoming to much of a traffic jam and cars where hitting each other all over, but it's a test race and this sort of stuff happens in test races, yup I spoke said sorry, end off.

Sorry again though!:weep:

Apart from these 2-3 negative points it's great to have that many cars racing...

BTW David, Xose, can you guys please fix up race result :D

It was a good test, I just can say that for the GT sport, it is difficult to be with the GT pro on the same track. I lost a lot of time with the blue flag, maybe because I did something wrong during the blue flag, but I tried as much as possible to respect the blue flag but the gap between me and the car just behind me became more and more important with the blue flag. No possibility for me to come back.

I saw two big lap at the beginning of the race which was confusing.

It was also difficult to manage the GT pro who drive as fast as me and the other GT sport.

Also thanks for this race and see you next time.

Then I was following Marcin, Rami and Mike for a while. Caught Mike and had a nice battle with him, which sadly ended a bit prematurely when he got caught in the gt sport pile up.

Yea was a shame, was enjoying that battle, nice driving as always m8y :)

Was a funny crash, I had no time decide where to go, there was one car infront of me trying to avoid the pileup, but infront of him was a crashing car that I could not see, so I followed the car infront of me thinking he was picking the right line through....but he wasn't he was crashing into the other car lmao, so I crashed into both of them, not sure how many cars were involved all happened a bit too fast (will have to watch the replay) but it felt like the whole track was full of crashing cars...I'm probably exagerating.

It was fun anyway

Was a funny crash, I had no time decide where to go, there was one car infront of me trying to avoid the pileup, but infront of him was a crashing car that I could not see, so I followed the car infront of me thinking he was picking the right line through....but he wasn't he was crashing into the other car lmao, so I crashed into both of them, not sure how many cars were involved all happened a bit too fast (will have to watch the replay) but it felt like the whole track was full of crashing cars...I'm probably exagerating

No, the track really was full of crashing cars. You should have seen it from my view :D. Luckily I wasn't right on your bumper that time so I had time to find a clear path :)

No, the track really was full of crashing cars. You should have seen it from my view :D. Luckily I wasn't right on your bumper that time so I had time to find a clear path :)

You were flying down the straight in the egg, I think I ran too much wing, my setup was very last minute, seemed like I had no grip. Can't say I really like the track seemed to be one of those tracks where you have to be very patient with the car and let it settle down alot before you put your foot down. (maybe that was my setup)

Its nice the egg, but when I drove it in the first season we entered, I found whatever I did with setup made very little difference, oh and it munches tyres badly, or maybe I just couldn't drive it properly. Anyway I hadn't realised it was so quick down the straights

Well I wasn't running a low wing so I guess it was just the egg's advantage on the straights.

Its nice the egg, but when I drove it in the first season we entered, I found whatever I did with setup made very little difference, oh and it munches tyres badly, or maybe I just couldn't drive it properly. Anyway I hadn't realised it was so quick down the straights

Last time I tried the egg I felt the same about setting it up, maybe it just fit this track better.

Well I wasn't running a low wing so I guess it was just the egg's advantage on the straights.
Last time I tried the egg I felt the same about setting it up, maybe it just fit this track better.

Yea maybe, Like I said about how this track, to me at least, seems to be about being patient on exit, which from the way I used to drive the egg it would respond to, I found that the more I pushed the egg the slower it was, but the more patient I was with it the faster it was.

Hadn't tested on this rack before so I thought whatever and after only 3 laps of practice I already had to set my qualy time.

Which in form of a 1:53xx, surprisingly, wasn't even sooooo bad after that very short amount of training laps.

Race wasn't so bad either I was always about P20 but I had been the whole day outside and probably also drunken a bit too less so suddenly I felt a bit dehydrated and a bit dizzy so I decided to quit the race with about 10 minutes to go.

I want to say sorry to KEN BELL, I'm really sorry I took you out but I really didn't imagine you to suddenly go slower at this point of the track, really sorry I finished off your race.

Big gratz to Rami and Marcin

and to the rest: Be aware that I'll be better and faster at tracks I know ;)

First Grats to P. Larsson winning the Sports

Second i've done a whole ALMS season over at NAGP with 4 classes P1, P2, GT1, GT2. On some tracks P1s were a minute faster than GT2 per lap with 30 - 40 cars each race. Well, first couple races we had same probs in lapping but they were threatened to be PATIENT or dismissed. The problem is some folks are too keen to win and others are happy and satisfied to have a clean n fair fight for position 10 all race long.
Now i've done 2 races here with a free car choice where most ppl took advantaged cars for certain tracks almost only, my suspicion is the second mentioned kind of people are not the majority.

There has been the proposal to penalty transfer slow pro drivers. To me it smells like supporting such characters - winning by any coasts, instead of supporting guys who just deal with it fair n mature. What if a faster-class-car is not slow because of a lack of driver skill but lets say aero damage? There you've got the effect slow in each turn and fast on every straight. My suggestion here, take it like a man and yes, chances are good not winning the race.

Patient is the word indeed. :)

Some corners aren't made for overtaking such as the right corner after the long straight. And the right corner before the long straight. I can go wide to make room for the GT pro guy but then i will lose 1,5 second and i am racing also for position.

I find this a great example. Some corners you need to stay behind the slower car. And it will happen to every Pro car so everyone will lose some time. So at the end everybody will lose almost the same time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahengCLdmD8[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline