Test Race Hungaroring 24th July

vmds.jpg
va4x.jpg

I start with 80L Tank. I did a small mistake on last lap, i believe im not the best dealing with wear tyres, my setup/driving style, requires lots of rear tires, anyway here is my data, with the same setup as last wednesday. ;)

Is it balanced, anh... ;)

Depends a bit on how your crowded race went about. As you can see from the spread sheet I singled out the comparable parts from your 3 stints, namely lap 2 - 12. You were 4 seconds faster in the 3rd stint than the first 2.

Question is, is your 3rd stint more comparable to the traffic free 20 lapper you just did? If this is the case we have to add another 8 seconds (14 in total) to the rough estimate of the difference for you Helder. Anyhoo, it is only you who can answer this :)

One more thing, if the race had been 5 minutes longer, it would have ment another 3 laps. A 1 stopper would have gained 2x lap 21 and 1x lap 22 while 2 stop would have gained 2x lap 14 and 1x lap 15. Long story short, I think we reduced the difference between 1 and 2 stops with about 5 seconds by going from 67 to 62 minutes.

Did i understand correctly that we would have to decrease the desired race length even more to get 1 stoppers closer to 2 stoppers? Can we go under 60 min? Personally i think not, unless it's just a couple of laps. From buttfeel i would say at least 4 laps is needed before 1 stop becomes close to feasible but 2xtire wear is definitely the way to go.

I did a few trys of Bahrain comparing with myself and I seen a few 1 v 2 that I finished just 1 sec difference full races, so I think even at 67 mins comparing against urself its still gonna be close clear tracks, in our races what happens in 1st few laps and traffic and who chooses what would probably determine what strategy wins or was best choice.

theres not much else to decide is there? i dont think we need a vote, if all are happy with it then we go ahead and treat that as our new race duration and tyre wear for practise races and the new season, i for one would be happier if this was out the way and we could get on with other things, we spent far too long debating things last season lets not make the same mistakes :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back