Test Race @Great Britain [June 30; 20:00 GMT]

Gentlemen organizers, could you please learn the clock?
That's what the thread says:
20:00 GMT - Practice 30 Minutes
20:30 GMT - Race 60% (32 Laps)
as far as I'm concerned, and based on my knowledge about summer and winter times, 8PM GMT in the summer means 9PM my current time thus the race should not have started before the next 10 minutes are past. I hope you will understand my unhappiness because even if it is a test race the schedule is something that needs to be respected by both sides.

Thank you.
Sincerely yours disappointed Victor.
(I hope you can replace the polite words with the actual ones that are on my mind)

A small gallery of the test races. 20+ people this time.
rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-47-22-82.jpg
rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-50-50-67.jpg
rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-51-45-29.jpg
rFactor2 2015-07-01 03-53-18-87.jpg

Those tests are a good base for the future. Good stuff. ;)

I think in it's current form wet racing is pretty much fine for all divisions, definitely not harder than certain Codemasters game and since this is FSR for sure all guys will be able to drive it. I never lost car under braking and never spun under throttle, i'd even say car is bit too stable in slow corners in wet even on dry tires. But in fast corner wet tires wer too quickly, I had 70% on front left only after 3 or 4 laps. Also, there is some bug with rain drops, I had them only in spectator mode. Not sure about wet racing line too, never saw one yesterday.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed it.
Fantastic new string to the FSR bow and a great differentiator to other top level leagues.
The car felt great-it felt like it was wet but driveable.
Both tyres felt different.
I got 12 laps from the wets in race 2 which seems about ok.

Cant wait for real world weather to become available in pro.
Thanks

Oh and yes I arrived on the server 5 mins early and the first race was 5 laps in, so it seems the start times were not adhered to. Hence I only did Race 2.

There must be something seriously wrong with the rain because I did not finish last.
Other than that on the racing line the difference between dry and wet times were not that big.

It worked great imo, much better than expected. Handling is perhaps on easy side, but none would finish in Pro if it was like it was before the updated tires. Realroad rate probably needs to be set a bit higher than 1x, because I never saw a dry line, even in the first race when it stopped raining at some point.

I thought it was pretty good, at first I spun a lot due to trying medium tyres and my dry setup in the wet. With appropriate tyres and setup adjustments you can push pretty confidently. Still ended up with a broken rear wing and a DSQ because I spun into the national pits entrance :(

My only gripe is the tyre wear which needs to be adjusted, and its very hard to tell if it's raining until the rain tails start shooting up, as the raindrops don't appear in cockpit mode for some reason. My solution to this would be to simply have my laptop next to me with the live stream on to be able to watch the conditions(some of you with teams may have others on Skype to do this for you, you lucky pricks :)

It worked great imo, much better than expected. Handling is perhaps on easy side, but none would finish in Pro if it was like it was before the updated tires. Realroad rate probably needs to be set a bit higher than 1x, because I never saw a dry line, even in the first race when it stopped raining at some point.
By the time it stopped raining in the second race i dont think there were many drivers left to create a dry line. The water levels did drops from 97% to 94% though. With more drivers it would be better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%