Test/Practise Race Bahrain 10th July

lol we need somekind of countdown timer app for presto :sleep:

www.prestogptimerapp.co.uk

Steam -> Steam group -> Notifications, event (or whatever it was called, you create an event and everyone inside that group receives alert.. We could've distributed passwords thru that too ;) .. You can make it alert everyone for ex 1 hour before qualy or 30 minutes before practice, what ever is the best.. We all have Steam running anyway so why not use it?

Huh, that was quite a race.. Check the replays, me and vale, last stint was just epic.. managed to lost my position several times, last time on 6corners before the finish line but i knew from the fights before that i got the edge on the last two turns. Really bited my lip and didn't go to fast in to the turn to last straight and got a optimal exit, then really late brakes, stuck the nose inside and passed on the last corner, vale was about half car behind. Went over the line him on tow. Congrats to Vale, i almost gave you a present but then couldn't give that one away.

2 stop felt really good, most likely it's the fastest option. For me and vale, we should've definitely be on different strategies, now we only proved that we were pretty close in pace (huh, that's was a relief, haven't raced in a while, didn't even practice a lot, about two stints worth...). There was a bit of luck as i gt to the really really good setup at the practice tonight. In the half way mark, i even swerved close to pitwall, just to thank the mechanics.

Vote for 2 x tire wear but maybe we'd better test this again just to be sure?

Qualy: Wonderful, i vote for this option. Just a minute longer on a tracks that go close to 1:50. I went out at 1 minute mark to clear air, it was perfect slot. Had only Nico close in front. But couldn't do 2 attempts, 200m before finishline, half a sec green on delta screen and then.... "next session" :( Was a bit bummed as i definitely went out early enough and didn't save outlap but went for it... But the format works, i think it's that 7 minutes, (8 at Spa, 6 in Hungary) ;) I don't mind one or two tracks to be two attempts if you're lucky, one if you want guaranteed clear air.

If we use "live" qualy, we need to respect pit red/green lights so no one can start at -30s. It would be nice to see that queue forming in the replays, some with rad1 and engine getting hot.. ;) More immersion, imho. We all need to dial qualy fuel, some may like to change wings and rad too, there's 30s on the clock for that. That add 1 minute max is you want clear air and still have time for max two attempts and you got really spend a lot of time in the pits either. I got off from the seat after practice start 3 discussion was over. Went for a small tinkle probably around 40 seconds spent there, slotted back in to the seat, changed fuel and went on track and couldn't go outlapx2hotlaps.. IMHO, that was at the last moment but still well within the time limit and what is reasonable. .

All in all, equipment worked perfect, i did zero spin race, had fights all the way thru. First with one stoppers and Vale, at the last stint there were lappers and Vale.. I had one scare with Dino as i was really sure that you were completely one car width off. It seemed like a half-tow and the you reslotted back very late. I decided to pull to the right just before brakes, so i could brake earlier and let him go. It was touch and go, most likely i should've just trusted that Dino brakes early enough if he's 1cm from my rearwing ;) There were no other problems with letting people go, i think Sean got held up as i was .2 behind Vale after several laps of trying to catch him. Had to let him past anyway, lost .7 there, no biggie. Vale lost more in total, he was kinder than i...

really great race many battle with Kennett and big amusement along the race some nice turn
with Jim and Nicolai.
I vote for 2xtires and freedom about numbers of pits, in true is nice this mix row1-1pit row2-2pit etc..the cards are mixed during the race and a lot of fun wait at T1:D

the song remain the same, someone said time ago :)

CONGRATS:thumbsup: Reik Helder Marko and all us

Oh man;
Ceratinly a good test today, but I was dissappointed in my lack of pace. I was slower than on the s10 race here and also not really consistent with lockups and unsure with lines and all.

Also on the last 5 laps managed to pretty much forget how to drive lol, messing up all the laps and not catching up to Sean and Marko because of that, even though they were on the tougher and (on this track) slower 1 stop strat.

Got 2 laps on q which where almost identical for p5 and also finished on p5 in the race today.

See you guys on another test maybe. I think I'll try to do the Spa one if it's possible.

Btw there is also the possibility to use the pitlane speed-limits to alter the balance a bit if this is beeing wished :)

Kennett Ylitalo No probs. I can barely remember the situation, it can't be too serious then :D

I drove poorly tonight

Many reasons, no practice at all, and not yet used to my new pedals, my seat setup is now not suited to the pressure I have to put into the brake and I keep pushing the chair back, I cant get consistent braking while all this is happening, I've never missed so many apexes or arrived into corners all crossed up, I was all over the place

And the tyres went off big time:whistling:

Just generally very messy and quite slow:redface:

Hopefully the guys at the factory will bring some updates for the next event which should help me find some pace and consistency

Jim

PS, did I mention I cant stand this track?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back