Resource icon

Tracks Test Pad 0.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Test Pad - For collision box and other tests.

Okay basically this is a no frills test track.

- There's a series of steps, from 2 to 20cm tall, to test ground clearance. Created because there doesn't seem to be any way to visualize the ground-plane accurately ingame and it's nice if the clearance matches the visible model.
- It's also perfectly flat, which should make it easier to tell ride height etc. in the setup screen than on some tracks.
- An overpass with a series of steps in height from 1.0m to 2.4m, to test roof clearance....

Read more about this resource...

I figured I should upload this here since the AC forums are now closed to track mods.

Since the last upload I added the set of slopes, mostly for testing brakes. Of course you can also work out the steepest slope a car will climb. (I heard something about the Trueno having trouble on slopes)

Really loving it. I`m no good with 3d editors and couldn`t do it. While testing physics it occurred to me that on the long stretch a broken center line would be a nice addition to give a visual reference both for speed and the tendency of the car to stray off to the sides. Another idea that bugs me is that an AI lane for driving the tested model would produce more consistent results and provide also an assessment on some of the AI settings. So I have done the two lanes and below is the archive.
Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_test_pad_12-9-119-8-16-43.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_test_pad_12-9-119-8-17-14.jpg
As is seen on the second pic, there is a trouble with the exit from the field, but if the option in CM is enabled
Clipboard01.jpg

the AI proceeds to the straight after being in the pits. Or instead of "Race" there is a working "Track day" / "Weekend" option. If the start line was set at the beginning of the tunnel or the other stretch the fast_lane would have been nicer. Please consider a little change in a next update and I promise to remake the lanes.
Thank you for the Pad !

Attachments

• ai.7z.txt
    222.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Stereo updated Test Pad with a new update entry:

Strenuous suspension tests

Updates to help stress test offroad suspension.

View attachment 710582
- Thin rails to test contact patch stuff (attached to the highest steps)

View attachment 710583
- Sine and sawtooth waves for bouncing the suspension (behind the origin)

View attachment 710584
- Sausage kerbs up to 30cm high, angled 0 22.5 and 45 degrees to the direction of the road, to see what happens

- and a drive-through restaurant so you can drive in and out of a parking lot

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%