AC Test New Platform Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Interlagos, Mon 7th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is it safe to say now that WSS for us is now history?
No, not yet.
We (Brian and I) have given Bram a list with requirements that we find essential if we're going to WSS and that aren't in it yet.
There's of course the MOD version part, also the payed premium account and the not password protected events amongst a few other less important requirements.
Bram is going to talk to the WSS guys and see what they can do about it.

And maybe to comfort you, the MOD and the no password protection are showstoppers for us.

Last edited:
I have an added question :thumbsdown: When driving behind a competitor, especially when driving very close behind someone, the car in front is puling away and then falling back again, like a pulse. Is this server related or game related?
No idea how bad it is without a video but it might simply be the upshifts?
When you drive side by side with someone you can clearly see 1-4m "jumps" for every upshift!

Last edited:
No it's not an upshift, I'll have to post a vid of this. if it happens again.
That sounds a lot like what happens when the PC clock isn't quite playing ball.
I can't recall all of the details, but:
AC has a bug (I refuse to call it a feature) whereby certain machines (overclocked perhaps) have timing issues which cause the physics to behave like this. I've seen it discussed several times both on this forum and the Kunos forum over the years. I don't think it actually causes a net performance win for the affected drivers, because another timing loop appears to correct the troublesome one (leading to the pulsing back and forth nonsense) but I have certainly seen it get so bad that you can't safely attempt to pass those drivers anywhere near a corner.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years