Test Day Fine, Race CTD ??????

I'm new to AMS. At first all was rosy as I was just using Test Day and Time Trial. When I started to run Race I encountered problems with failure to completely load. Often the starting grid will appear but it's pixellated, and stuttering. Other times the grid appears but the game locks up and won't respond necessitating a force quit shutdown of the computer.
I've experienced these problems on Interlagos, Brands Hatch, and Virginia so far. Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Road America all work properly. Anyone else see this stuff??

I'm new to AMS. At first all was rosy as I was just using Test Day and Time Trial. When I started to run Race I encountered problems with failure to completely load. Often the starting grid will appear but it's pixellated, and stuttering. Other times the grid appears but the game locks up and won't respond necessitating a force quit shutdown of the computer.
I've experienced these problems on Interlagos, Brands Hatch, and Virginia so far. Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Road America all work properly. Anyone else see this stuff??

What are your PC specs?

I cannot remember anything about the specs. My tech built the machine to run GTR 2. I'll have to dig through receipts or call the computer shop.

No need to go through all that to see your specs.
Just do a search online on how to see the specs on a PC, you'll see a variety of ways to view that info.

Hard to help without having basic information like that though.
It's quite important. :)

Here's what speccy shows as my machine specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit SP1
CPU ; AMD FX 4300 Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM; 4.00GB Dual Channel DDR3 @802 MHz
Motherboard; ASUSTeK M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Graphics; 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Storage; 465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 03AZEX-00MK2A0 SATA
Optical Drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
Audio; AMD Hi Definition Audio Device

Here's what speccy shows as my machine specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit SP1
CPU ; AMD FX 4300 Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM; 4.00GB Dual Channel DDR3 @802 MHz
Motherboard; ASUSTeK M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Graphics; 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Storage; 465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 03AZEX-00MK2A0 SATA
Optical Drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
Audio; AMD Hi Definition Audio Device

You're pretty close to the min. specs, I think.
What are you're in game graphics settings? If they are very high, or you haven't turned them down at all, might try turning a few down a bit.
How many AI did you have set to run with you?

Reduce some stuff like that, see if it improves a bit.

BINGO.......This is more like it. I limited AI opponents to 9 and dialed the graphics back on everything. Races now load and act normal. So far I don't notice any downgraded visuals. I'l try increasing the number of AI cars one at a time to see where it starts to get hinky. It's probably time to talk to my PC tech about some upgrades.
Thanks again for the spot on tips. I owe you a real, live, wet, beer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%