Tesla Model 3 "Plaid" (Fictional)

Cars Tesla Model 3 "Plaid" (Fictional) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
rickput7 submitted a new resource:

Tesla Model 3 "Plaid" (Fictional) - Tesla Model 3 Performance with a Plaid powertrain swap

Tesla Model 3 Performance with a Plaid powertrain swap. Don't try this at home.
Tires, brakes, & aero modified to accommodate the power and not intended to be perfectly realistic. Powertrain & weight, however, are accurate.

This was just made for fun to demonstrate the sheer power of the Model S Plaid. Then I added some extras to make it actually drivable. Maybe in the future I'll do a real Model S Plaid.

Posting this separately as an extra for my Model 3 pack, which will be posted soon...

Read more about this resource...

im so confused as to whats happening with this car. the battery charge only goes down when off throttle or braking? and never goes up (regen)? and for some reason the drag co is only .09?

im so confused as to whats happening with this car. the battery charge only goes down when off throttle or braking? and never goes up (regen)? and for some reason the drag co is only .09?
I updated the post to clarify. Recommend updating CSP to 1.73 or higher. It uses a lot of extended physics that have been added in more recent updates.

Additionally, battery/energy consumption cannot be accurately replicated right now, so it will not regen energy.

Last edited:
I updated the post to clarify. Recommend updating CSP to 1.73 or higher. It uses a lot of extended physics that have been added in more recent updates.

Additionally, battery/energy consumption cannot be accurately replicated right now, so it will not regen energy.
you can do it all with the ers. the VRC formula lithium is a good example. basically the "kers_torque.lut" becomes your power.lut and the actual power.lut is just all zeros. "ers.ini" has a couple numbers that need to be experimented with to dial in the total charge and how fast it regens.

you can do it all with the ers. the VRC formula lithium is a good example. basically the "kers_torque.lut" becomes your power.lut and the actual power.lut is just all zeros. "ers.ini" has a couple numbers that need to be experimented with to dial in the total charge and how fast it regens.
It doesn't work as well. My implementation is better, and additionally the ERS regen sucks. It's meant for race cars that regen with brakes, not street EVs that regen passively. No traction control for ERS regen, either.

Isn't the model S plaid just the model S with the model 3 powertrain? Thus a model 3 plaid would be redundant (assuming I'm not wrong, which I likely am)

Isn't the model S plaid just the model S with the model 3 powertrain? Thus a model 3 plaid would be redundant (assuming I'm not wrong, which I likely am)
Model S Plaid is a Tri-motor platform, with two motors in the rear and one in the front. The motors are also a fresh design, being lighter weight with a tightly-wound carbon fiber overwrap to help it stay in one piece at 20,000+RPM. The powertrain produces over 1,000bhp all the way to nearly 200mph.

The Model 3 Performance has two motors and produces a total of ~500bhp that drops off at higher speeds.

Model S Plaid is a Tri-motor platform, with two motors in the rear and one in the front. The motors are also a fresh design, being lighter weight with a tightly-wound carbon fiber overwrap to help it stay in one piece at 20,000+RPM. The powertrain produces over 1,000bhp all the way to nearly 200mph.

The Model 3 Performance has two motors and produces a total of ~500bhp that drops off at higher speeds.
I see, thanks for the info.

Hy just gave this a little spin, a little to much i guess :roflmao: I've exited the pits on the Nordschleife. Turn the wrong way to see how this thing does at starting. So i spun a little going out from pits and spun it again to face the right direction to drive. The result of this was that the rear tyres blew up. Guess you need to have a look into that. The temps and the pressure seem to raise and fall to fast. FFB and Physics seemed ok on that short period i've driven the car. Feels heavy af wich is realistic i guess. Im eager to see where this Car is going to be at 1.0.

Cheers

Hy just gave this a little spin, a little to much i guess :roflmao: I've exited the pits on the Nordschleife. Turn the wrong way to see how this thing does at starting. So i spun a little going out from pits and spun it again to face the right direction to drive. The result of this was that the rear tyres blew up. Guess you need to have a look into that. The temps and the pressure seem to raise and fall to fast. FFB and Physics seemed ok on that short period i've driven the car. Feels heavy af wich is realistic i guess. Im eager to see where this Car is going to be at 1.0.

Cheers
I have an update for it with new tires on top of quite a few other changes & fixes that I'll be pushing at the same time as the release of the normal Model 3's. Doing final touches at the moment, giving it a bit to thoroughly test.

I definitely recommend driving with TC enabled - EVs in general work best with it & I tweaked the settings to not be hindering. There's a reason Tesla chose to not allow people to disable traction control and instead developed Track Mode.

Same for me (with parent car).
Doesn't show up in my game (not even Tesla as a manufacturer) BUT I can select it as opponent. Did anyone have similar issue/how did you resolve it? Thanks.

Same for me (with parent car).
Doesn't show up in my game (not even Tesla as a manufacturer) BUT I can select it as opponent. Did anyone have similar issue/how did you resolve it? Thanks.
content manager giving me an error saying parent car not found, car doesnt show up in game either
Parent car is set to the (currently unreleased) Performance Model 3, and for some reason Vanilla AC has an issue with the parenting itself. While I highly recommend using Content Manager, I'll go ahead and set the car as independent anyway for the next release.

If you want to fix this yourself, go into the car's mod folder cars\mpp_teslamodel3_plaidtest\ui, and then open ui_car.json with notepad or any text editor. Scroll down to where it says "class" "year" etc, and delete the entire line that says "parent".
bGAgcoq.png
sX7trrk.png

Should show up in Vanilla AC just doing that.

Again, highly recommend using Content Manager. It's free and works a lot better than Vanilla. I'm pretty sure every modder + a vast majority of the modding playerbase exclusively uses it.
Same person who made CSP, which this mod requires the use of anyway.

I'm aiming to update this car alongside the release of the stock variants hopefully by Monday, or at least within the week.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%