Terrain Trouble

Hi my name is Max Speed, I am mostly a car painter but I am trying to learn BTB.
Yes this is my first track and I am slowly working through things. Very slowly. lol

I have a track layed out and i am trying to add terrain. It seems whenever and whichever way I try I always get terrain that towers over onto and around the track making impossible to drive. How do I get flat terrain that doesn't crowd onto or above the track. See attached picture.

http://photomarkonline.smugmug.com/.../Racer-Max/terrainerror/928822177_QLf43-L.jpg

Thanks for anyones help

Max

Attachments

• terrainerror.jpg
    terrainerror.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 279
I had similar thing with terrain when I worked on other computer for a while with BTB (when my machine was under repair). Had no exact idea, maybe that pc was too slow/to weak to handle all operations - it seemed to be the only expalnation. Do you get the same thing after export?
Try to get newest DirectX and .net Framework
Also, try "click and drag" technique instead of creating all terrain at once.

I always get terrain that towers over onto and around the track making impossible to drive. How do I get flat terrain that doesn't crowd onto or above the track. See attached picture.

It's odd because the bottom two views on your screenshot show the track towering over the terrain by 100 metres or so [if you're using the standard grid] so the terrain should be dropping away violently rather than towering over you. Maybe that's creating some odd effects? Have you raised the track at all?

But where the enlarged hedge/grass texture facing you in the 3d view comes from I can't say. Can you post another view of the track backed out a bit so we can see more in the 3d view?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%